SkiBanter

-   North American Ski Resorts (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Best Places to Ski in Colorad? Recommendations? (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=12781)

[email protected] February 27th 06 09:57 PM

Best Places to Ski in Colorad? Recommendations?

I've never been skiing out west. I"ve only skied the northeast and I'm
looking to plan my first trip out west. Curious to hear what poeple's
thoughts are on the best mountains to ski in Colorado. Lately I've been
looking at A-Basin, Keystone, Breckenridge, Copper Mtn., Vail, and
Aspen.

I'm very interested in skiing some bowls out west, since the northeast
mountains don't provide any. But I'm also looking to this trip on a
budget, get the best deal I can. So can anyone recommend good package
deals and which mountains they'd prefer riding out west. Also, do the
mountains provide transportation from the Denver Airport or would you
need to rent a car.

Thanks,

- Dave

lal_truckee February 27th 06 10:28 PM

wrote:

I'm very interested in skiing some bowls out west, since the northeast
mountains don't provide any.

FYI, you won't find any bowls at Vail. Don't believe their ads.

But coming from the East you probably have to spend a day at Vail so you
can tell your friends - then spend the rest of your days at A-Basin so
you can gasp at a real mountain setting and good old style skiing.
Tickets are much cheaper, too.

But I'm also looking to this trip on a
budget, get the best deal I can.

Best deal is to stay on the airplane until it lands in Utah. SLC can be
done for half the cheapest price of Colorado, all things considered.

[email protected] February 28th 06 03:03 PM

lal_truckee Thank-you for the reply.

Where do you recommend skiing in Utah? I'm assuming Park City is the
most popular. Is this where you would ski, or are there other
comparable mountains for cheaper?

Thanks,

- Dave

lal_truckee February 28th 06 09:57 PM

wrote:
lal_truckee Thank-you for the reply.

Where do you recommend skiing in Utah? I'm assuming Park City is the
most popular. Is this where you would ski, or are there other
comparable mountains for cheaper?

I'm in the Tahoe area, so hopefully a Utah local can add to this, but:

For inexpensive top of the line skiing, (get a map so you can see the
layout,) stay at an inexpensive motel in one of the towns at the mouths
of the Cottonwood Canyons, transport by rental car or provided bus
service, get the discount tickets available around town, ski Solitude
and Alta. Each earns its name.

Park City is probably the least popular among locals. Park City is a
Vail wannabe; target customers are Easterners buying all-included
vacations, not skiers.

Eugene Miya March 1st 06 05:30 PM

In article ,
lal_truckee wrote:
wrote:
Where do you recommend skiing in Utah? I'm assuming Park City is the
most popular. Is this where you would ski, or are there other
comparable mountains for cheaper?

I'm in the Tahoe area, so hopefully a Utah local can add to this, but:

Please encourage new converts for the Church of Jesus Christ of
Latter-Day Saints to stop by down town. Also to adopt appropriate
prescriptions to avoid the sins of alcohol. Pick up and disseminate
as many religious tracts as possible.

of the xxxxxxxxxxxx
, ski xxxxxx
and Xxxxx. Each earns its name.

You didn't see anytyhing.

Park City is probably the least popular among locals. Park City is a
Vail wannabe; target customers are Easterners buying all-included
vacations,

Yes, if you must there, ski Park City. Really Deer Valley is the Vail
wannabe. Ski there too.

But really you want to ski Vail.

Alex Heney March 1st 06 10:04 PM

On 1 Mar 2006 13:06:20 -0800, wrote:

Everyone thanks for the feedback. I have two more questions:

(1) Which mountains in Utah provide the best powder?

The ones where it is snowing at whatever moment you decide you want
some powder.

When is best time
to go to hit powder?

The minute it stops snowing.

--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Give a woman an inch and she thinks she's a ruler.

tg March 2nd 06 02:05 PM

"Alex Heney" wrote in message
On 1 Mar 2006 13:06:20 -0800, wrote:

Everyone thanks for the feedback. I have two more questions:

(1) Which mountains in Utah provide the best powder?

The ones where it is snowing at whatever moment you decide you want
some powder.

When is best time
to go to hit powder?

The minute it stops snowing.

Just check out
www.skiutah.com every morning when you wake up and hit the
one with the most snow. It is amazing how much difference you can get
between Park City, the Snowbasin area, and then the
Alta/Snowbird/Solitude/Brighton areas from the same storm. Usually the
Alta/Sn/So/Br end up with the most.

skier11 February 21st 12 03:52 PM

Best Places to Ski in Colorad? Recommendations?

You might want to try Keystone www.keystoneresort.com

danial65 October 4th 12 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skier11 (Post 167638)
You might want to try Keystone www.keystoneresort.com

There are many places but I think Breckenridge is the best place than others. It is also cheap than vail and aspen. It is a place where you can spend and enjoy your vacations.

gold coast reception venues