SkiBanter

-   Alpine Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Marker Binding Problems (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=3775)

Andrew August 17th 03 12:18 AM

Marker Binding Problems

mine top racing ~2001 model got toe piece very sloppy, had to add special
washers to cut down this play, won't buy again

"Karl with a K" wrote in message
news:cGhhdHBoaWw=.3c226894d91b4687571624bec1073b83 @1060861237.cotse.net...
I saw that someone mentioned in a post that Marker Bindings can
have problems. Would you please be more specific?

Thanks

AstroPax August 17th 03 01:41 AM

Marker Binding Problems

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 00:18:07 GMT, "Andrew" wrote:

mine top racing ~2001 model got toe piece very sloppy, had to add special
washers to cut down this play, won't buy again

mine much expensive, no very old top salomon got blowed-up heel, no
more heel, had to walk long far down from big up hike

now me buys marker only, no problem

-Astro

Jay Pique August 17th 03 01:54 AM

Marker Binding Problems

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 00:18:07 GMT, "Andrew" wrote
something to the effect of:

"Karl with a K" wrote:
I saw that someone mentioned in a post that Marker Bindings can
have problems. Would you please be more specific?

Thanks

The toe piece in my 2001 racing model got very sloppy, and I had to add special
washers to remedy the situation. Needless to say, I won't be buying Marker again any time soon.

I'm not a Marker fan either - check out the following for more
detail.... http://makeashorterlink.com/?D62921C95

JP

AstroPax August 17th 03 02:12 AM

Marker Binding Problems

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 19:54:31 -0600, Jay Pique
wrote:

I'm not a Marker fan either - check out the following for more
detail.... http://makeashorterlink.com/?D62921C95

I've never had a problem with a Marker binding, and I pound the crap
out of them.

Pique. Is that not a French name? Must be a Salomon fan.

-Astro

Andrew August 20th 03 01:06 AM

Marker Binding Problems

my sloppy toe piece was set at DIN ~6.5, and I am only 140 lbs non racer

"CurtisLemay" wrote in message
news:cGhhdHBoaWw=.579ec8c7deed541e42f4095af72efca0 @1061123826.cotse.net...

wrote:

I'm not a Marker fan either - check out the following for more
detail.... http://makeashorterlink.com/?D62921C95

I've never had a problem with a Marker binding, and I pound the

crap
out of them.

Pique. Is that not a French name? Must be a Salomon fan.

-Astro

I am but I have to admit that I've never had any problems with either
Marker or Salomon. I must not be skiing as hard as you guys.
However for those of you that have had problems, were the DIN
settings close to the Max. I'm wondering that if you tighten the thing
down, the binding loses its ability to withstand shock(see, I don't
have to be rude - I think it's the fifth of rum before breakfast).

mwfrisco August 21st 03 05:58 AM

Marker Binding Problems

wrote:

I'm not a Marker fan either - check out the following for more
detail.... http://makeashorterlink.com/?D62921C95

I've never had a problem with a Marker binding, and I pound the

crap
out of them.

Pique. Is that not a French name? Must be a Salomon fan.

-Astro

I am but I have to admit that I've never had any problems with either
Marker or Salomon. I must not be skiing as hard as you guys.
However for those of you that have had problems, were the DIN
settings close to the Max. I'm wondering that if you tighten the thing
down, the binding loses its ability to withstand shock(see, I don't
have to be rude - I think it's the fifth of rum before breakfast).

Markers suck. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

JP
************
Fritschi? Good ****ing luck my friends...

Chester Bullock August 21st 03 01:42 PM

Marker Binding Problems

(mwfrisco) wrote in
om:

I am but I have to admit that I've never had any problems with
either Marker or Salomon. I must not be skiing as hard as you
guys. However for those of you that have had problems, were the DIN
settings close to the Max. I'm wondering that if you tighten the
thing down, the binding loses its ability to withstand shock(see, I
don't have to be rude - I think it's the fifth of rum before
breakfast).

Markers suck. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

I started to learn about the Marker pre-ejection problem last year on
Peak 7. That was a rude awakening and a f*^&^%$ hard landing on the hard
pack... I adjusted the length of the binding (with my boot in it) though
and that seemed to solve it. Either that or I started skiing on one leg.

--
Chester Bullock,

Tenxible Solutions - Tangible, Flexible
Website Hosting, Design and Marketing
http://www.tenxible.com
Do you really own your domain name? Find out
with our free domain name research report.
http://www.tenxible.com

ant August 22nd 03 02:04 AM

Marker Binding Problems

I used to have real problems with Markers pre-releasing, and didn't
touch them for years. Got some new Stocklis last week (spirit pros)
and the importer had some Markers lying around he could let me have
cheap (M1000 or something), I was dubious but was assured they have
"fixed" the old problem. They showed me how to adjust the forward
pressure properly. Well, second outing on them, on a DIN of 6.5 which
is fine on Salomons and Tyrolias, ka-blam, 2nd fall of teh season, and
my ski was sitting way up the hill.
So I've dialled them up to 7 but it is really annoying to have to do
that, and still not know if they're going to pop off in bumps. I can't
work out why they don't DO something about this?
Falling in uniform is not a good thing! Hurts one's bum, one's pride
AND one's wallet.

ant

scottabe August 22nd 03 03:55 AM

Boycott Stockli

Just a reminder that Anthea Kerrison is a psychopathic criminal: she began
the insane campaign of terror that ruined this newsgroup. Whenever she
promotes an item she gets a deal on, boycott that brand and let the
distributors and manufacturer know that they have a psychopath singing their
praise.
Fair is fair, eh? When I was arranging thousands of dollars of deals on
skis for this newsgroup, Kerrison and her henchman launched a demented
campaign of smears, lies, and defamations.
Telling the truth is only justice.

in article , ant at

lal_truckee August 25th 03 05:50 PM

Marker Binding Problems

AstroPax wrote:

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 00:18:07 GMT, "Andrew" wrote:

mine top racing ~2001 model got toe piece very sloppy, had to add special
washers to cut down this play, won't buy again

mine much expensive, no very old top salomon got blowed-up heel, no
more heel, had to walk long far down from big up hike

now me buys marker only, no problem

Hey - lighten up! The guy's address shows he's a Canadian. Give him a
break. g