SkiBanter

-   European Ski Resorts (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   MI5 disturbance (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=16692)

Skywalker December 16th 07 08:02 PM

MI5 disturbance

Dear friends,

What is this MI5 thing ? Isnt this group moderated ? There should be
an end to these irrelevant messages

Regards

The Older Gentleman[_2_] December 16th 07 08:46 PM

MI5 disturbance

Skywalker wrote:

Dear friends,

What is this MI5 thing ?

A nutter.

Isnt this group moderated ?

No.

There should be
an end to these irrelevant messages

Use a decent newsreader or learn to drive a killfile.

--
K1100LT 750SS CB400F CD250 SL125
GAGARPHOF#30 GHPOTHUF#1 BOTAFOT#60 ANORAK#06 YTC#3

Pip Luscher[_2_] December 16th 07 09:14 PM

MI5 disturbance

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 21:46:49 +0000,
(The Older Gentleman) wrote:

Skywalker wrote:

Dear friends,

What is this MI5 thing ?

A nutter.

Isnt this group moderated ?

No.

There should be
an end to these irrelevant messages

Use a decent newsreader or learn to drive a killfile.

Though he seems to have slipped past mine lately - I've had to add a
fresh filter for each NG.

checks

Hmm, he's stuck a hyphen in there.

--
-Pip

The Older Gentleman[_2_] December 17th 07 06:15 AM

MI5 disturbance

(The Older Gentleman) wrote:

Skywalker wrote:

Dear friends,

What is this MI5 thing ?

A nutter.

Isnt this group moderated ?

No.

There should be
an end to these irrelevant messages

Use a decent newsreader or learn to drive a killfile.

Though he seems to have slipped past mine lately - I've had to add a
fresh filter for each NG.

checks

Hmm, he's stuck a hyphen in there.

The German server filters out all his rants. I never see them.

Colin Irvine[_2_] December 17th 07 07:10 AM

MI5 disturbance

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 13:02:22 -0800 (PST), Skywalker
squeezed out the following:

Dear friends,

What is this MI5 thing ? Isnt this group moderated ? There should be
an end to these irrelevant messages

If you used a proper newsreader instead of the pikey Google Groups you
wouldn't get irrelevant messages.

--
Colin Irvine

Skywalker December 17th 07 07:33 AM

MI5 disturbance

On 17 Aralęk, 10:10, Colin Irvine wrote:
On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 13:02:22 -0800 (PST), Skywalker
squeezed out the following:

Dear friends,

What is this MI5 thing ? Isnt this group moderated ? There should be
an end to these irrelevant messages

If you used a proper newsreader instead of the pikey Google Groups you
wouldn't get irrelevant messages.

--
Colin Irvine

I tried to use one however it was unable to reply to the messages.
Could you please recommend a software to read and post messages ?

regards

Pip Luscher[_2_] December 17th 07 08:43 AM

MI5 disturbance

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 00:33:24 -0800 (PST), Skywalker
wrote:

I tried to use one however it was unable to reply to the messages.
Could you please recommend a software to read and post messages ?

I use Agent. This used to be available as a cut-down fee version;
don't know if it still is.

--
-Pip

Pip Luscher[_2_] December 17th 07 09:11 AM

MI5 disturbance

wrote:

I tried to use one however it was unable to reply to the messages.
Could you please recommend a software to read and post messages ?

I use Agent. This used to be available as a cut-down fee version;
don't know if it still is.

Bad form etc: 'free' version. Sodding electronic tripewriter.

--
-Pip

MoonMan December 17th 07 09:14 AM

MI5 disturbance

wrote:

I tried to use one however it was unable to reply to the messages.
Could you please recommend a software to read and post messages ?

I use Agent. This used to be available as a cut-down fee version;
don't know if it still is.

I'll probably get shouted at but I use Outlook Express (with OE- Quotefix)
and I didn't even know there had been more MI5 posts. Must have got my rules
right.

Chris *:-)

Colin Irvine[_2_] December 17th 07 10:43 AM

MI5 disturbance

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 00:33:24 -0800 (PST), Skywalker
squeezed out the following:

On 17 Aralęk, 10:10, Colin Irvine wrote:
On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 13:02:22 -0800 (PST), Skywalker
squeezed out the following:

Dear friends,

What is this MI5 thing ? Isnt this group moderated ? There should be
an end to these irrelevant messages

If you used a proper newsreader instead of the pikey Google Groups you
wouldn't get irrelevant messages.

--
Colin Irvine

I tried to use one however it was unable to reply to the messages.
Could you please recommend a software to read and post messages ?

Like Pip I use Forte Agent. They've stopped doing the cut-down free
version. The current version is here for $29
http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php

Another newsreader I've used in the past is Gravity, which does the
bis. perfectly ok. No longer in production, but a free download is
available here.
http://lightning.prohosting.com/~tba....html#download

Or use Outlook Express.

For a news service I suggest the EUR10 spent here well worth it -
unless you need access to binaries (which I don't).
http://news.individual.net/

--
Colin Irvine