SkiBanter

-   Backcountry Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Ed La Chapelle skis into heaven (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=15020)

Robert F February 4th 07 01:39 AM

Ed La Chapelle skis into heaven

To the ski community,,,Ed LaChapelle who is considered to be the grandfather
of American avalanche research died thursday in Silverton, CO while skiing.
I took my first avy class from him in 1986 and was always impressed by his
good nature and love of the mountains. He will be missed....

flypn February 19th 07 07:49 AM

On Feb 3, 5:39 pm, "Robert F" wrote:
To the ski community,,,Ed LaChapelle who is considered to be the grandfather
of American avalanche research died thursday in Silverton, CO while skiing.
I took my first avy class from him in 1986 and was always impressed by his
good nature and love of the mountains. He will be missed....

sad news indeed. I have first editions of many of his publications,
but never had the pleasure of meeting him in person. a big loss to
the community indeed.