SkiBanter

-   European Ski Resorts (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Gloves (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=19547)

Colin Irvine[_4_] January 7th 10 02:17 PM

Gloves

On 06 Jan 2010 14:54:23 GMT, Ollie Clark squeezed out the following:

Colin Irvine wrote:
I bought some Hestra gloves a year or two ago to replace my original
pair, and they've been warm enough up to now. However, they couldn't
cope with Tignes last week, -17C at resort level so goodness knows
what it was at the top in the wind.

That doesn't sound too bad. I've been in -33 in Val Thorens with some
old Goretex gloves and was fine.

I did have silk under gloves on though

So did I.

--
Colin Irvine

Dynastarian September 14th 10 11:33 PM

Gloves

On 2009-12-24 07:37:20 -0500, Colin Irvine said:

I bought some Hestra gloves a year or two ago to replace my original
pair, and they've been warm enough up to now. However, they couldn't
cope with Tignes last week, -17C at resort level so goodness knows
what it was at the top in the wind.

I reckon I should be looking at some top-of-the-range mitts. What do
people suggest? Ideally tryable-on in the UK, but I'd settle for mail
order XLs.

Try Outdoor Research (OR).....

[email protected] March 12th 14 07:20 PM

Gloves

Ace wrote:
On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 17:37:28 +0000, Colin Irvine

wrote:

[...]
As it happens, I very rarely feel the need for anything warmer than
'normal' ski gloves even in those temperatures, using simple leather
ones unless it's absolutely ****ing it down, ordinary goretext ones if
it is. For real warm-weather stuff I've just bought some deerskin
gardening gloves. Incredibly lightweight, should be perfect.

[...]

Exactly that. I have some thick leather unlined rodeo gloves which I
use for warm weather. You still need gloves on even in T-shirt weather
and insulated gloves are hot and sweaty. I took mine off once and only
once and sliced open my hand on the ski for my trouble.