SkiBanter

-   European Ski Resorts (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   telfes (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=1183)

anamcara September 8th 03 11:48 PM

telfes

I am thinking of skking in a place called Telfes near the Stubai
glacier in Austria on Feb 14th.Can anyone give me a rough idea what it
is like - particularly re snow conditions etc.

Christoph Baeck September 9th 03 08:49 AM

telfes

"anamcara" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
om...
I am thinking of skking in a place called Telfes near the Stubai
glacier in Austria on Feb 14th.Can anyone give me a rough idea what it
is like - particularly re snow conditions etc.

Hi!

Telfes is a small village next to Fulpmes, the main village in the Stubai
valley. Telfes is not located at the bottom of the valley but above
Fulpmes, so you should be prepared to drive with snowchains down to
Fulpmes. It's about 20 min. from Innsbruck, 5 min from the Fulpmes
"Schlick" (1000-2500m) and 25 min from the Stubai Glacier Resort
(1750-3200m).

Some pictures from the Stubai Glacier:
http://www.baeck.co.at/aktuell/skifa..._gletscher.htm

In Feb. there should be enough snow to ski in "Schlick", if not take the
(free) shuttle service to the glacier.

Be aware that there is almost no nightlife in Telfes...

Christoph