SkiBanter

-   Alpine Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Whistler won't be so popular this year (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=16092)

Richard Henry September 20th 07 03:06 PM

Whistler won't be so popular this year

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...refer=currency

Walt September 20th 07 05:05 PM

Whistler won't be so popular this year

Richard Henry wrote:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...refer=currency

The looney may be at par, but even with that W/B's still cheaper than
Vail or KMart.

Wait until the 2010 Olympics are over and there's a glut of hotel rooms
on the market - that's when W/B will be the most affordable, even if the
looney goes to a buck fifty.

//Walt
//
//...still pining for the days of the $99 season pass at Searchmont
// with the looney worth 67 cents.

Richard Henry September 20th 07 06:10 PM

On Sep 20, 10:05 am, Walt wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...mqK_rEzFk&refe...

The looney may be at par, but even with that W/B's still cheaper than
Vail or KMart.

Wait until the 2010 Olympics are over and there's a glut of hotel rooms
on the market - that's when W/B will be the most affordable, even if the
looney goes to a buck fifty.

//Walt
//
//...still pining for the days of the $99 season pass at Searchmont
// with the looney worth 67 cents.

At $1.50, will Jay Peak still advertise they are accepting Canadian
money at par?

Walt September 20th 07 07:01 PM

Richard Henry wrote:
On Sep 20, 10:05 am, Walt wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...mqK_rEzFk&refe...

The looney may be at par, but even with that W/B's still cheaper than
Vail or KMart.

Wait until the 2010 Olympics are over and there's a glut of hotel rooms
on the market - that's when W/B will be the most affordable, even if the
looney goes to a buck fifty.

At $1.50, will Jay Peak still advertise they are accepting Canadian
money at par?

They may not advertise it, but I'd expect that they would.

//Walt
//
// ...I would too...

Potblak September 21st 07 12:31 PM

Whistler won't be so popular this year

Saalbach Hinterglem is only $50.
Why would you want to ski the damp stuff when you can have real powder and
oompah bands?

"Walt" wrote in message

[email protected] September 24th 07 03:30 PM

On Sep 20, 9:05 am, Walt wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...mqK_rEzFk&refe...

The looney may be at par, but even with that W/B's still cheaper than
Vail or KMart.

Wait until the 2010 Olympics are over and there's a glut of hotel rooms
on the market - that's when W/B will be the most affordable, even if the
looney goes to a buck fifty.

//Walt
//
//...still pining for the days of the $99 season pass at Searchmont
// with the looney worth 67 cents.

Dear dumb****:

Whistler is pretty much built out, they won't add much for the
Olympics.
Prices won't change. Utah was empty before the Olympics and empty
afterwards: 2010 would be a great time to visit.
Though I will admit the damn place is getting up to Vail price wise.
Gonna run me 63 bucks with a discount card to ski there this year.
After I go through this stack of free passes, that is.

Harry Weiner September 24th 07 11:35 PM

Whistler won't be so popular this year

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:30:38 -0000, wrote this
crap:

After I go through this stack of free passes, that is.

Do you report thise free passes to the IRS?

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."

Suzieflame September 25th 07 08:54 AM

Whistler won't be so popular this year

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 19:35:44 -0400, Harry
wrote:

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:30:38 -0000, wrote this
crap:

After I go through this stack of free passes, that is.

Do you report thise free passes to the IRS?

Good point - that is income in kind, and Scattie is always telling us
how valuable they are...

Wow. Think of the back taxes on ten years of free passes at the rate
he has been claiming to get them, plus punitive fines - that's one
hell of a lot of Ebaying!

Can I be the first to say I never accepted free passes from Scott
Abraham, Mr Tax Inspector?

Suzie
--
Suzieflame