SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Any Maine ski reports... (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=16610)

Steve Hanson December 7th 07 12:59 PM

Any Maine ski reports...

Any Maine ski reports...especially in Washington or Aroostook County??

Steve in Maine
(Pembroke)

Lew Lasher December 11th 07 10:00 PM

Any Maine ski reports...

Steve Hanson wrote:
Any Maine ski reports...especially in Washington or Aroostook County??

I checked the Web site of the Cross Country Ski Areas Association
(www.xcski.org), and that led to the SnoCountry site. It had nothing in
Washington or Aroostook counties but showed 5 places further west in the
state.

I also looked at the Web site of the Maine Winter Sports Center
(www.mainewsc.org). It doesn't have any ski conditions reports, but I
was able to follow links to the Nordic Heritage Ski Center in Presque
Isle and the 10th Mountain Ski Club in Fort Kent, both of which report
trails open and groomed. It also has a listing of "Community Nordic
Trails", which includes the 2 that I mentioned as well as other sites
that don't have a Web site.

With a foot or more of snow in most of Aroostook and Washington counties
(according to the current National Weather Service snow depth chart) I'd
think that many of the community trails should be skiable, even if
they're not groomed.

Lew Lasher
Cambridge, Massachusetts and Stowe, Vermont