SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Lets get this newsgroup going ! (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=2221)

Lew Lasher August 6th 03 09:59 AM

Lets get this newsgroup going !

Yeah, it looks like RBR seriously needs to get its act together.
Anyone with extra typing time available should go directly to RBR and try to get
them to be more discriminating and parsimonious in their posting habits!

Lew Lasher
Cambridge, Massachusetts

According to the AOL newsgroup reader, RSN has 98 current postings , while RBR
has 11,979 !

C'mon ... we've got a lot of typing to do !

Justin F. Knotzke August 6th 03 11:49 AM

Lets get this newsgroup going !

quote who= J999w /:
According to the AOL newsgroup reader, RSN has 98 current postings , while RBR
has 11,979 !

C'mon ... we've got a lot of typing to do !

Have you ever read rbr? Its non stop trash talk between those that
love Armstrong and those that don't (ie Euro v Americano). Its quite
boring.

I'll take the 98 messages here anyday.

Justin F. Knotzke

http://www.shampoo.ca

sknyski August 6th 03 03:27 PM

Lets get this newsgroup going !

Until snow falls on a regular basis in Texas, we'll probably always
trail them.

Does your study normalize for seasonal differences? I've noticed that
RSN postings decline in the summer. Has anyone else noticed this?
Can anyone explain this?

bt

revyakin August 6th 03 03:33 PM

Lets get this newsgroup going !

They should also take into count % of spam that gtoups RBR and
rec.running get. I used to read rec.running, but gave up very quickly.

(J999w) wrote in message ...
According to the AOL newsgroup reader, RSN has 98 current postings , while RBR
has 11,979 !

C'mon ... we've got a lot of typing to do !

jw
milwaukee

Matt Morency August 6th 03 03:45 PM

(J999w) wrote in message ...
According to the AOL newsgroup reader, RSN has 98 current postings , while RBR
has 11,979 !

C'mon ... we've got a lot of typing to do !

jw
milwaukee

Potter is on vacation. That is the excuse I am using.
--Matt

Gene Goldenfeld August 6th 03 10:39 PM

Lets get this newsgroup going !

Chris aside, I suspect different newsgroups get more weeks of messages
saved based on traffic and the choices of which ISP or agent is handling
each server.

Gene

George Cleveland August 7th 03 12:09 AM

On 06 Aug 2003 05:39:09 GMT, (J999w) wrote:

According to the AOL newsgroup reader, RSN has 98 current postings , while RBR
has 11,979 !

C'mon ... we've got a lot of typing to do !

jw
milwaukee

O.K. I'll try my best.
Ahem....

HEIA HEIA HEIA!!!! C'MON PUSH IT.... PUSH IT!!! YOU'VE GOTTA WANT
IT!!!HUPHUPHUPHUPHUP!!!!

hth

g.c.

Tim Dudley August 18th 03 02:34 PM

Lets get this newsgroup going !

.... and so, in the best spirit of RBR:

"C'mon Cleveland, keep this foreign language crap to yourself!! And STOP
SHOUTING!!!"

I dunno, I think I like fewer messages better.

Tim

From: (George Cleveland)
Newsgroups: rec.skiing.nordic
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 00:09:55 GMT