SkiBanter

SkiBanter (http://www.skibanter.com/index.php)
-   European Ski Resorts (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Mixed difficulty slopes on a budget (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=28522)

Ede September 17th 16 02:50 AM

Mixed difficulty slopes on a budget
 
A small group of us are heading over to Europe (from New Zealand) at the start of next year (February) and are looking for a place to go skiing for a week that will cater for people in the group that are new to skiing, so offers beginners lessons as well as having black runs that will challenge the more experienced members of our group so that they wont get bored.

We are quite happy to be anywhere in Europe.

All of us are students so budgets aren't that flexible but would be looking for a place where accommodation is around 20-25 per person per night (no idea if that's possible), and has easy access to the ski slopes as we will be reliant on public transport.

Does such a place exist? Any help would be greatly appreciated

BrritSki[_3_] September 18th 16 12:30 PM

Mixed difficulty slopes on a budget
 
On 17/09/2016 04:50, Ede wrote:
A small group of us are heading over to Europe (from New Zealand) at the
start of next year (February) and are looking for a place to go skiing
for a week that will cater for people in the group that are new to
skiing, so offers beginners lessons as well as having black runs that
will challenge the more experienced members of our group so that they
wont get bored.

We are quite happy to be anywhere in Europe.

All of us are students so budgets aren't that flexible but would be
looking for a place where accommodation is around 20-25 per person per
night (no idea if that's possible), and has easy access to the ski
slopes as we will be reliant on public transport.

Does such a place exist? Any help would be greatly appreciated

You're going to have problems finding anywhere at that price imo,
especially as that is school holiday period when everything is booked
and expensive. My experience is with France and Italy and I can't think
of anything that would meet the cost condition.

Maybe there's somewhere in Eastern Europe, Bulgaria for example...



Ede September 19th 16 11:49 PM

Didn't even think of school holidays!

Are they at similar times throughout Europe?
I've had a little look at them, but they seem to be different in each province of each country so it appears its always a school holiday

BrritSki[_3_] September 20th 16 07:41 AM

Mixed difficulty slopes on a budget
 
On 20/09/2016 01:49, Ede wrote:
Didn't even think of school holidays!

Are they at similar times throughout Europe?
I've had a little look at them, but they seem to be different in each
province of each country so it appears its always a school holiday

Yes, UK is mid-Feb, France is split into 3 zones which have separate
weeks in Feb. Italy also Feb.



Greg Hilton September 20th 16 10:50 AM

Mixed difficulty slopes on a budget
 
there is a very good graphic showing European school holidays here

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=124749

If I were you I'd either go late Jan and go back before the holidays kick in or go early March when most have gone back.

BrritSki[_3_] September 20th 16 11:26 AM

Mixed difficulty slopes on a budget
 
On 20/09/2016 12:50, Greg Hilton wrote:
there is a very good graphic showing European school holidays here

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=124749

If I were you I'd either go late Jan and go back before the holidays kick in or go early March when most have gone back.

Useful link, noted thanks. I knew where to get French hols, but not all
of them.

Must ask daughter and husband about Italian holidays in Feb. I know the
school where she teaches has a week pencilled in, but when (as last
year) they'd lost several days already due to meteo alerts, they use it
to catch up.


The Older Gentleman[_2_] September 22nd 16 11:45 AM

Mixed difficulty slopes on a budget
 
Ede wrote:

A small group of us are heading over to Europe (from New Zealand) at
thestart of next year (February) and are looking for a place to go
skiingfor a week that will cater for people in the group that are new
toskiing, so offers beginners lessons as well as having black runs
thatwill challenge the more experienced members of our group so that
theywont get bored.

We are quite happy to be anywhere in Europe.

All of us are students so budgets aren't that flexible but would belooking
for a place where accommodation is around •20-25 per person pernight (no
idea if that's possible), and has easy access to the skislopes as we will
be reliant on public transport.

Does such a place exist? Any help would be greatly appreciated-- Ede


School holiday time, and so expensive time, but try Bareges/La Mongie
and St Lary-Soulan, both in the French Pyrenees.


--
H2 R100RS Street Triple XT660 Tenere
R60/6 CB400F TS250x2 CD200 CG125 KH100EX
neil underscore murray at fastmail dot fm
A fool and his spanners are soon parted


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SkiBanter.com