SkiBanter

-   European Ski Resorts (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Skiing Dolomites (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=28457)

BrritSki[_3_] October 20th 14 06:51 AM

Skiing Dolomites

Any recommendations for a resort that's near Venice please ?

Wife thinks that Cortina will be too poncy and having looked at
Valgardena it seems rather spread out and with far too many drag lifts
but I could be mis-reading the map.

Basically we want something that's easy to get to from the accommodation
(i.e. not a single cable car from the base like we experienced in
Brunico almost 40 years ago) and with a good lift system where I can sit
down between runs and rest my poor old knees.

Suggestions for B&B or hotels also please.

TIA

Michael Chare October 31st 14 08:32 PM

Skiing Dolomites

On 20/10/2014 07:51, BrritSki wrote:
Any recommendations for a resort that's near Venice please ?

Wife thinks that Cortina will be too poncy and having looked at
Valgardena it seems rather spread out and with far too many drag lifts
but I could be mis-reading the map.

Basically we want something that's easy to get to from the accommodation
(i.e. not a single cable car from the base like we experienced in
Brunico almost 40 years ago) and with a good lift system where I can sit
down between runs and rest my poor old knees.

Suggestions for B&B or hotels also please.

TIA

We once stayed at La Villa close to lift. One day we took a bus to Cortina.

--
Michael Chare