SkiBanter

-   European Ski Resorts (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Pistes used for staging ski race - World Cup & Olympic (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=28226)

[email protected] February 11th 14 07:18 PM

Pistes used for staging ski race - World Cup & Olympic

I have been trying to find a list of pistes/resorts used for World Cup
ski racing (or Olympic). Nothing satisfactory turned up so I will have
to compile my own.

What pistes can you remember have been used for World Cup or Olympic
ski racing ?

The Older Gentleman[_2_] February 11th 14 09:14 PM

wrote:

I have been trying to find a list of pistes/resorts used for World Cup
ski racing (or Olympic). Nothing satisfactory turned up so I will have
to compile my own.

What pistes can you remember have been used for World Cup or Olympic
ski racing ?

Hahnenkahm. (sp?)

--
Honda CB400 Four CB125S CG125 Triumph Street Triple Guzzi
California Yamaha 660 Tenere Suzuki GN250 TS250ER x3

Jérémy February 14th 14 10:10 AM

Pistes used for staging ski race - World Cup & Olympic

Switters wrote in news:XnsA2D25DB7DD08Bswittersnospam@
78.46.70.116:

On Tue, 11 Feb 2014 20:18:00 GMT, wrote:

What pistes can you remember have been used for World Cup or Olympic
ski racing ?

"Dave Murray" at Whistler

OK, Bellvarde, Lauberhorn.

--
Jeremy
K1300GT

[email protected] February 16th 14 07:41 PM

" wrote:

I have been trying to find a list of pistes/resorts used for World Cup
ski racing (or Olympic). Nothing satisfactory turned up so I will have
to compile my own.

What pistes can you remember have been used for World Cup or Olympic
ski racing ?

This is harder work than expected

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hahnen...Kitzb%C3%BChel

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/13/travel...best-ski-runs/

http://www.ski-chamonix.net/ski-les-houches.html

http://www.skicm-cransmontana.ch/en/all-the-news/
http://www.skicm-cransmontana.ch/med...il_500x750.jpg
http://www.skicm-cransmontana.ch/med...oc_500x695.jpg

http://www.emmi.ch/emmi/en/schweiz/f.../rennstrecken/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/sn...-ski-runs.html

http://www.davos.ch/en/news/events/parsenn-derby.html

http://www.valgardena-groeden.com/en...l-gardena.html

http://www.onthesnow.co.uk/news/a/58...nhill-ski-runs

The Older Gentleman[_2_] February 16th 14 08:35 PM

Pistes used for staging ski race - World Cup & Olympic

wrote:

snip

There'll be something in Chamrousse (skied there as a student in the
1970s).

I have a feeling one of the runs was called the Olympique.

Google

Indeed, it was, although also known as the Casse-Rousse

Michael Chare[_2_] February 19th 14 09:33 PM

On 11/02/2014 20:18, wrote:

I have been trying to find a list of pistes/resorts used for World Cup
ski racing (or Olympic). Nothing satisfactory turned up so I will have
to compile my own.

What pistes can you remember have been used for World Cup or Olympic
ski racing ?

There was the ladies Olympic downhill at Meribel

--
Michael Chare