SkiBanter

-   European Ski Resorts (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Spanish resorts? (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=1232)

Iņigo October 9th 03 01:28 PM

Spanish resorts?

hey, what do u think about spanish resorts? are they worth it? let me know.
have you ever been in the pirenees? Baqueira? Sierra nevada? cheers

Ace October 9th 03 01:54 PM

Spanish resorts?

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 15:28:02 +0200, "Iņigo" wrote:

hey, what do u think about spanish resorts? are they worth it? let me know.
have you ever been in the pirenees? Baqueira? Sierra nevada? cheers

Skied Bacquiera/Berets a few years back, when I was a strong
intermediate, and liked it quite a lot. It was late in the season so
some of the connecting runs were a bit slushy, but even so there
seemed to be a fair range and number of pistes. Not the biggest area
in the world, but not too small either.

I seem to recall an adequate number of mountain restaurants including
several[1] which were just tiny huts with a wooden terrace built
alongside. These were our favourite as they did the most wonderfull
bacon sarnies, referred to locally as 'Becon Boccadillos'. Not to be
missed if you go there.

[1] Or maybe just the one which we visited a lot. Like, just about
every day for a mid morning snack :-)
--
Ace (bruce dot rogers at roche dot com)

Iņigo October 9th 03 09:42 PM

Spanish resorts?

"Ace" escribiķ en el mensaje
On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 15:28:02 +0200, "Iņigo" wrote:

hey, what do u think about spanish resorts? are they worth it? let me

know.
have you ever been in the pirenees? Baqueira? Sierra nevada? cheers

Skied Bacquiera/Berets a few years back, when I was a strong
intermediate, and liked it quite a lot. It was late in the season so
some of the connecting runs were a bit slushy, but even so there
seemed to be a fair range and number of pistes. Not the biggest area
in the world, but not too small either.

Never been there, I wanna go this year, but don't know if I will have the
money, Baqueira is the
most expensive resort in Spain, but I think if you want to ski, that's the
best place to go here.
It has about..... 100km of pistes, quite good.

I seem to recall an adequate number of mountain restaurants including
several[1] which were just tiny huts with a wooden terrace built
alongside. These were our favourite as they did the most wonderfull
bacon sarnies, referred to locally as 'Becon Boccadillos'. Not to be
missed if you go there.

Oh, that's the best thing to do at midday. After skiing quite a lot... take
a rest... ask for some
chips and a coke, that's all! I want to taste that 'bocadillos de bacon'
soon. Good ski!

[1] Or maybe just the one which we visited a lot. Like, just about
every day for a mid morning snack :-)
--
Ace (bruce dot rogers at roche dot com)
All opinions expressed are personal and in no way represent those of the

Ski Club.