SkiBanter

-   Snowboarding (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Board Opinion (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=16740)

Mike M. Miskulin December 21st 07 10:40 PM

Board Opinion

Hey now,

Hello from foggy but snowy Vermont! Just had the first few days
out this season and it was quite enjoyable - we actually have
snow this year in December (unlike last year when we got 7 feet
in April!)

So.. I'm sorta maybe in the market for a new board as my Donek
Incline is a bit banged up. Of course, I could just get another
one of those (I was disappointed Sean never had a sale this year!).

But in looking at the Donek page, I noticed a new creation - this
new Donek Razor. Has anyone had the chance to ride one? The specs
really through me for a loop - its listed as slightly less stiff
than my 160 Incline, about 1cm *wider*, a significantly longer edge
yet a smaller radius(?)

Also was noodling around the Palmer site trying to help a friend
find a newbie board and was a little intrigued by the Honeycomb
and Crown models. Any riders out there familar with those and
better yet, can compare to an Incline?

Ciao

Mike

chuck December 23rd 07 04:21 PM

Board Opinion

On 2007-12-21, Mike M. Miskulin wrote:
Hey now,

[...]

I almost bought an Incline, but I waited till the season started and
then didn't want to wait for the shipping time. I ended up with a Never
Summer Titan TX. So far, it's been great for me.

When I was looking at board specs, I noticed a Rome board that they
claimed the base never needed waxing. I wonder how well that works?
Anyone have experience with this type of base?