SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Roller racing with the klap systems (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=15726)

[email protected] June 18th 07 03:40 PM

Roller racing with the klap systems

Some racers in the European FIS roller ski races are using the new
klap systems recently discussed on this site. See the picture on
Nordicskiracer.com

Might make sense for roller skis, maybe more than snow skis.

Why hasn't a klap system made much inroad on the inline roller skate
racing scene? Anyone know?

Randy

Patrick Tibbits June 25th 07 03:32 AM

Roller racing with the klap systems

I skated for just a few miles on klap inline skates 5-7 years ago. They
never caught on with racers, so I strongly suspect that they don't add
speed. Inline racers adopted larger wheels without hesitation, as did I when
I saw a 1-minute speed improvement in a 40 minute loop.

ups.com...