SkiBanter

-   Alpine Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The snowguns are up and running... (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=16146)

Walt October 4th 07 03:33 PM

The snowguns are up and running...

.... in Georgia? WTF?

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_...storyid=104084

Oh, wait, they've stopped, something about a water shortage.

//Walt

Yabahoobs October 4th 07 05:22 PM

On Oct 4, 8:33 am, Walt wrote:
... in Georgia? WTF?

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_...storyid=104084

Oh, wait, they've stopped, something about a water shortage.

//Walt

making snow in late september in one state north of Florida seems
pretty stupid to me.

ant[_7_] October 5th 07 11:22 AM

Yabahoobs wrote:
On Oct 4, 8:33 am, Walt wrote:
... in Georgia? WTF?

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_...storyid=104084

Oh, wait, they've stopped, something about a water shortage.

//Walt

making snow in late september in one state north of Florida seems
pretty stupid to me.

Some clients I had from Georgia reckoned there was a skiing hill in the
north.

So they're having a drought too? That's not good. We're dying here. Farmers
chainsawing orange trees down, farmers walking off their properties. 6 years
in.

--
ant
Don't try to reply to my email addy:

Mike Y October 5th 07 12:03 PM

"ant" wrote in message

Some clients I had from Georgia reckoned there was a skiing hill in the
north.

I seem to recall there's a ski area in NW Georgia. Never been there,
don't know anything about it. But I remember noticing it on a map I
saw at a PSIA event and was surprised. But then, after going down
to Ashville NC and seeing the mountains in that area...

Walt October 5th 07 02:26 PM

ant wrote:
Yabahoobs wrote:
On Oct 4, 8:33 am, Walt wrote:
... in Georgia? WTF?

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_...storyid=104084

Oh, wait, they've stopped, something about a water shortage.

Some clients I had from Georgia reckoned there was a skiing hill in the
north.

They used to: Sky Valley Resort.
It's permanently closed.

http://www.ski-forecasts.com/cities/..._slopes_ga.htm

Fortunately, you can still do the Rebel Yell in Alabama at Cloudmount:
http://www.skitown.com/resortguide/o...al01/Cloudmont

Yee HAW!

//Walt