SkiBanter

-   North American Ski Resorts (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Skiing in April (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=11741)

[email protected] December 24th 05 04:32 PM

Skiing in April

Hi we are visiting the USA from the UK in the middle two weeks of
April. We will be spending a few days near Sedona in Arizona and the
rest of the time we would like to ski. Where are best resorts for April
skiing? Someone suggested Mammoth or Tahoe to me, how are they likely
to be late on in the season?

Iain Miller December 24th 05 05:05 PM

"stuart" wrote in message news:n1grf.6432$km.2241@edtnps89...

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi we are visiting the USA from the UK in the middle two weeks of
April. We will be spending a few days near Sedona in Arizona and the
rest of the time we would like to ski. Where are best resorts for April
skiing? Someone suggested Mammoth or Tahoe to me, how are they likely
to be late on in the season?

Slush...

Slush indeed - head for Colorado & go high

I.

[email protected] December 24th 05 06:18 PM

Which resorts in Colorado? We don't really mind where we go, it's
reasonable snow conditions we would be hoping for?

[email protected] December 25th 05 01:45 PM

wrote:
Which resorts in Colorado? We don't really mind where we go, it's
reasonable snow conditions we would be hoping for?

Closing day for most Colorado resorts will most likely be April 16th so
plan on hitting places like Vail, Copper and Breck by then. The areas
with the highest elevations will have the best snow. After the 16th,
Loveland and A-Basin will probably be your only choices. Skiing
conditions that time of year are usually very good. There will be
plenty of base but the top may be soft. OTOH, it's not unusual to get
some big dumps that time of year.

snoig