SkiBanter

-   Alpine Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Single best exercise for downhill skiing? (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=28823)

JayPique December 12th 16 12:11 AM

Single best exercise for downhill skiing?

So I've got 3 weeks until ski trip and want to maximize my pre-trip training. I'm trying to narrow it down to the ESSENTIAL skiing exercises. Ideally only one or two. Thoughts?

JP
*********************
Vail: JP cometh.

Richard Henry December 13th 16 12:19 AM

On Sunday, December 11, 2016 at 5:11:55 PM UTC-8, JayPique wrote:
So I've got 3 weeks until ski trip and want to maximize my pre-trip training. I'm trying to narrow it down to the ESSENTIAL skiing exercises. Ideally only one or two. Thoughts?

JP
*********************
Vail: JP cometh.

Bicycling, road or static

JayPique December 13th 16 12:19 AM

On Monday, December 12, 2016 at 12:57:26 AM UTC-5, downhill wrote:
JayPique wrote:
So I've got 3 weeks until ski trip and want to maximize my pre-trip
training. I'm trying to narrow it down to the ESSENTIAL skiing
exercises. Ideally only one or two. Thoughts?

JP ********************* Vail: JP cometh.

ski machine

Pfft. You're just trolling. "Ski machine"? Wtf is that?

JP
**************
Vail: has ski machines.

Walt December 13th 16 12:38 PM

JayPique wrote:
So I've got 3 weeks until ski trip and want to maximize my pre-trip
training. I'm trying to narrow it down to the ESSENTIAL skiing
exercises. Ideally only one or two. Thoughts?

JP ********************* Vail: JP cometh.

ski machine

Pfft. You're just trolling. "Ski machine"? Wtf is that?

Google "skiers edge". Then look for one on ebay for cheap.

Oh, wait. You're just going to Vail. Nevermind - no conditioning needed.

JayPique December 14th 16 12:21 AM

JayPique wrote:
So I've got 3 weeks until ski trip and want to maximize my pre-trip
training. I'm trying to narrow it down to the ESSENTIAL skiing
exercises. Ideally only one or two. Thoughts?

JP ********************* Vail: JP cometh.

ski machine

Pfft. You're just trolling. "Ski machine"? Wtf is that?

Google "skiers edge". Then look for one on ebay for cheap.

Oh, wait. You're just going to Vail. Nevermind - no conditioning needed.

What that goofy looking thing? I've settled on my final exercise: the overhead squat.