SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Baskets or grips to add length to my $$$ poles? (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=19947)

Jan Gerrit Klok February 24th 10 06:52 PM

Baskets or grips to add length to my $$$ poles?

Hi all,

I have Fisher Carbonlites. I ordered 175cm, but they are not a mm longer than my 172.5cm Rossignol Worldcups. Cork grips worn out, barkets useless for casual skiing, but the shafts are sublime.

Any ideas for spare parts that might add some 4-5cm in total? A bit of pole shaft in a plastic grip was suggested, but that takes away some stiffness.
I'd love to hear of notiously long grips (both insert length and entension from inserted shaft), as well as baskets that add more to the poles.

Thanks in advance!