SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Missing O Rings, The Resaon For Aero SR 125 Tire Failure? (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=2236)

Me August 12th 03 10:28 PM

Missing O Rings, The Resaon For Aero SR 125 Tire Failure?

I've got the 125s and haven't used them much this summer - the riding has
been too good! I was experiencing a lot of flat tires back in April though
and the fire engine red paint began peeling off in large flakes. Where do
these O rings go on the wheels? Thanks.
"Douglas Diehl" wrote in message
Just received another tire replacement from Jenex for my Aero SR 125's.
There was a note included this time saying it didn't look like a O ring

was
used with the rim and tire. O rings! I never knew O rings should have been
installed by Jenex on the rims. Anyway they included a new tire, tube and
eight O rings. I immediately broke down all the surviving wheels and
installed the O rings. As expected all the tires showed signs of the bead
beginning to tear. Hopefully this is the reason the rim keeps cutting into
the bead and sidewall. These roller skiis will rock if the O rings fix

the
problem.