SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   50K Club Report 7-13-03 Addendum (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=2177)

Jay Tegeder July 14th 03 05:08 PM

50K Club Report 7-13-03 Addendum

Jay Wenner and I were guests of Nordic Norm, aka John O'Connell, at
Mississippi Dunes Golf Club. We walked around the hilly course
carrying heavy weight. It was a great training session... The very
difficult course yielded 78, 85 and 104. I'll let you figure out who
had what... Let's just say I had my share of shots into the woods and
my share of three-putts...

Jay Tegeder
"On the podium if the right people don't show up!" JT

(Jay Tegeder) wrote in message . com...
I skipped rollerskiing because I wanted to stay close to home for the
Tour De France coverage. I rode 1 1/2 hours through the northern
suburbs of Saint Paul and back. I had to get home in time catch Lance
on OLN. Normally, I would have tried for a three hour ride or a two
and one half hour rollerski. But noooo, I had to get home in time for
the Tour coverage... I turn on the TV at 9:30AM CST to find a gun
show! Where's the tour? I quickly logged on to Velo News and caught
the live, typed, updates. Mayo wins the stage up L'Alpe Duez.
Armstrong has the Yellow Jersey. Hamilton finishes with Armstrong! Oh
yeah, I came across DAve Dow on my bicycle route. He was on his
Bianchi. Dow is a Top 200 guy moist years in the Birkie.

Jay Tegeder
"Stick around this sport long enough and you'll beat everyone at least
once!" JT