SkiBanter

-   Snowboarding (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Haute Route on board? (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=964)

-V- March 14th 04 09:44 PM

Haute Route on board?

Planning on doing the Haute Route (Chamonix-Zermatt) on snowboard and
showshoes during the easter holiday.

Anyone in here ever done it? Any good advice?

And yes, I know about the massive hordes of people in Chamonix at that time
of year....

-V-

Switters March 15th 04 11:36 AM

Haute Route on board?

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 22:44:27 GMT, "-V-"
allegedly wrote:

Planning on doing the Haute Route (Chamonix-Zermatt) on snowboard and
showshoes during the easter holiday.

Anyone in here ever done it? Any good advice?

Are you doing the traditional/original one, or the variation designed for
snowboarders?

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://rssFAQ.org/

-V- March 15th 04 06:43 PM

Haute Route on board?

Switters wrote:
Planning on doing the Haute Route (Chamonix-Zermatt) on snowboard and
showshoes during the easter holiday.

Anyone in here ever done it? Any good advice?

Are you doing the traditional/original one, or the variation designed
for snowboarders?

Wait one second, goddammit!

So you're saying there's two?

Tell me more.....pluuureeeseee.

-V-

Switters March 16th 04 07:56 AM

Haute Route on board?

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 19:43:10 GMT, "-V-"
allegedly wrote:

Switters wrote:
Planning on doing the Haute Route (Chamonix-Zermatt) on snowboard
and showshoes during the easter holiday.

Anyone in here ever done it? Any good advice?

Are you doing the traditional/original one, or the variation designed
for snowboarders?

Wait one second, goddammit!

So you're saying there's two?

Tell me more.....pluuureeeseee.

Well, it goes like this:-

There's the traditional one which skiers have used for ages. Then
there's a modified variation (maybe more than one?) designed for
snowboarders, which minimises the ascents required.

I've not done either, but I was curious as to which one you were doing.
I'm not sure how well known the variation is. Ask your guide which
you're doing.

-V- March 16th 04 12:36 PM

Haute Route on board?

Switters wrote:
Well, it goes like this:-

There's the traditional one which skiers have used for ages. Then
there's a modified variation (maybe more than one?) designed for
snowboarders, which minimises the ascents required.

I've not done either, but I was curious as to which one you were
doing. I'm not sure how well known the variation is. Ask your guide
which you're doing.

Guide? I don't need no stinkin' guide.....;-)

Just kidding, of course. We were planning on doing the 5-day variation.
You've got any info on that?

-V-

-V- March 18th 04 11:24 PM

Haute Route on board?

Switters wrote:
Are you doing the traditional/original one, or the variation
designed for snowboarders?

There's the traditional one which skiers have used for ages. Then
there's a modified variation (maybe more than one?) designed for
snowboarders, which minimises the ascents required.

Seems like we're doing the fairly traditional one: Argentiere-Trient
Hut-Bourg St. Pierre-Valsorey Hut-Chanvion Hut-Vignettes Hut-Zermatt.

6 days, all in all.

Any comments on that?

-V-