SkiBanter

-   Alpine Skiing (moderated) (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   opinions on the lodge at vail? (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=8830)

Monique Y. Herman January 5th 04 03:38 AM

opinions on the lodge at vail?

So, we're planning a ski trip ... er, I mean, honeymoon. We're looking
at the week of Mar 30 to Apr 4 or thereabouts. And with our Colorado
passes, we figure we might as well go to Vail and save a few bucks by
not having to pay for lift tickets.

Anyway, there's this place:

http://lodgeatvail.rockresorts.com/info/htl.asp

Anyone have any opinions? Alternate suggestions?

Our main criterion is simply "easy slope access," but we're also looking
forward to staying somewhere that's a bit cozier than our typical "Motel
6" style lodgings. After all, we'll be staying at the place for almost
a week.

--
monique

AstroPax January 5th 04 04:01 AM

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 22:38:27 CST, "Monique Y. Herman"
wrote:

Anyone have any opinions? Alternate suggestions?

Well, I really can't provide an opinion as I have never met him,
however, as far as alternates go, yes, I can think of several single
friends of mine that might be interested.

-Astro

Monique Y. Herman January 5th 04 04:53 PM

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 at 05:01 GMT, AstroPax penned:
wrote:

Anyone have any opinions? Alternate suggestions?

Well, I really can't provide an opinion as I have never met him,
however, as far as alternates go, yes, I can think of several single
friends of mine that might be interested.

Opinions on the lodge, I meant ...

My guy has proven that he loves me more than he loves powder. I doubt
your friends could do the same =)

--
monique

Chester Bullock January 5th 04 04:59 PM

wrote:

Anyone have any opinions? Alternate suggestions?

Well, I really can't provide an opinion as I have never met him,
however, as far as alternates go, yes, I can think of several single
friends of mine that might be interested.

Opinions on the lodge, I meant ...

My guy has proven that he loves me more than he loves powder. I doubt
your friends could do the same =)

Sadly, I proved that to my wife yesterday at Keystone. I was able to
find some pretty good stuff on the front side though, knee deep, first
tracks, over a cliff kind of thing. Didn't even know it was there until
I started looking around for something to do...

On the bright side, Jen's turns are coming along nicely, and her speed
is increasing. She is getting better every time we go.

Monique Y. Herman January 5th 04 05:59 PM

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 at 17:59 GMT, Chester Bullock penned:
Monique Y. Herman wrote:

My guy has proven that he loves me more than he loves powder. I
doubt your friends could do the same =)

Sadly, I proved that to my wife yesterday at Keystone. I was able to
find some pretty good stuff on the front side though, knee deep, first
tracks, over a cliff kind of thing. Didn't even know it was there
until I started looking around for something to do...

On the bright side, Jen's turns are coming along nicely, and her speed
is increasing. She is getting better every time we go.

Yeah, we went to A-Basin Saturday, and after "skiing" down a run of knee
to thigh deep powder, I decided I needed a lesson before I could enjoy
myself. He abandoned his powder celebration to join me. The lesson
helped us both out a lot, though, so in the end, he wasn't complaining
-- especially when he saw me making tighter turns than I ever have, and
when he saw me coming down a mogul run and only stopping from
exhaustion, not indecision or fear.

Grats to your wife! The more patient you are with her now, the faster
she will be able to ski the good stuff alongside you =)

--
monique

lal_truckee January 5th 04 08:21 PM

Monique Y. Herman wrote:

So, we're planning a ski trip ... er, I mean, honeymoon. We're looking
at the week of Mar 30 to Apr 4 or thereabouts. And with our Colorado
passes, we figure we might as well go to Vail and save a few bucks by
not having to pay for lift tickets.

Anyway, there's this place:

http://lodgeatvail.rockresorts.com/info/htl.asp

Anyone have any opinions? Alternate suggestions?

Our main criterion is simply "easy slope access," but we're also looking
forward to staying somewhere that's a bit cozier than our typical "Motel
6" style lodgings. After all, we'll be staying at the place for almost
a week.

Don't know what to say - Motel 6 is on the upscale side as far as I'm
concerned - you should have seen some of the places I slept in India,
and I didn't even have the excuse of good snow waiting in the am.

Monique Y. Herman January 5th 04 08:43 PM

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 at 21:21 GMT, lal_truckee penned:

Don't know what to say - Motel 6 is on the upscale side as far as I'm
concerned - you should have seen some of the places I slept in India,
and I didn't even have the excuse of good snow waiting in the am.

Nothing against Motel 6 -- it's clean and comfy. I just want some
pampering on our honeymoon.

--
monique

Monique Y. Herman January 8th 04 02:18 PM

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 at 05:30 GMT, Doug penned:
Very nice. Exclusive and Pricey. For more reasonable digs right
across the street from the Lodge at Vail, try the Sitzmark.

Oops. Already made our reservations. However, I'll definitely look
into the Sitzmark for future events.

--
monique