SkiBanter

-   European Ski Resorts (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Engelburg conditions (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=17452)

BrritSki April 2nd 08 07:38 AM

Engelburg conditions

Ace, How's the snow in Engelburg and what's the forecast ?

I'm considering a visit to Engelburg April 19-20 and wondering what
conditions might be like then...

Also, any good sources of info on cheapo B&Bs etc would be nice...

TIA Rog

BrritSki April 2nd 08 11:52 AM

Engelburg conditions

Ace wrote:
On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 09:38:07 +0200, BrritSki
wrote:

Ace, How's the snow in Engelburg and what's the forecast ?

Dunno, never been there.

Oooh, a spelling flume (sic) ! :)

Engelberg, however, had great conditions at least up until Saturday.
Reports since then suggest that yet more snow and cold conditions have
prevailed, so I'd suggest it will be at least as good for a while yet.
Snow depths are between 2 and 3.5 metres around the area, and
off-piste has consistently been soft, albeit heavy at times (when
warmer) for the last month or so.

Excellent.

I'm considering a visit to Engelburg April 19-20 and wondering what
conditions might be like then...

Well that's a way off yet, but I think you could pretty much guarantee
good skiing, given the current snow depths, although perhaps not all
the way down to village level (100m).

Sounds good, thanks.

Also, any good sources of info on cheapo B&Bs etc would be nice...

Ahh, well I won't be there that weekend, so can't offer a bed, and TBH
I don't really have much experience of B&B type places. We once
stopped in the hotel Chuchichastli (spelling optional) which was OK,
although I don't know what you mean by 'cheap'. There's also a Hostel
of some description which I've no info about. Try that interwebby
thing for more info.

Never heard of that :