SkiBanter

-   Alpine Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Skiing in New Zealand (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=15906)

[email protected] August 9th 07 05:34 PM

Skiing in New Zealand

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to find objective information on the Skiing opportunities
in New Zealand.
Some of my questions include:

How long is the season?
What skiing area has the longest season?
What skiing area is known for it's advanced skiing?
How much to do pay for lift tickets?
Is there opportunity to park a camping van near the skiing area?

I'm from Vancouver Island and can answer questions about skiing on the
Island and at Vancouver area ski areas including Whistler.

Thanks very much,

Mark

Phil Abel August 10th 07 05:16 AM

Skiing in New Zealand

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to find objective information on the Skiing opportunities
in New Zealand.
Some of my questions include:

How long is the season?

June-October

What skiing area has the longest season?

Not sure, but I'd imagine it'd be Mt Hutt

What skiing area is known for it's advanced skiing?

I've only skied on the south island, but I really love the varied terrain of
Treble Cone..approx 40% of the terrain is advanced.

How much to do pay for lift tickets?

http://www.nzski.com/

Is there opportunity to park a camping van near the skiing area?

No

Potblak August 13th 07 12:00 PM

Skiing in New Zealand

Visit http:www.snow.co.nz
And there's an NZ Ski forum somewhere on there too!