SkiBanter

-   European Ski Resorts (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Dolomites-where to go (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=1665)

Rod Jenkins February 4th 04 09:17 PM

Dolomites-where to go

Hi folks,

We rather fancy the Dolomites for the scenery. Any recommendations for the
best place to stay for a couple of competent intermediates in early March.

cheers,

--
Rod Jenkins
UK

David Jones February 5th 04 08:14 AM

Dolomites-where to go

Hi Rob,

We rather fancy the Dolomites for the scenery. Any recommendations for the
best place to stay for a couple of competent intermediates in early March.

I was at the Val Gardena over the weekend, and if you are into scenery
and food you would love it. However, I guess I would class myself as a
competent intermediate, and I found it pretty unchalleging. I only
found one run (and that was not even marked as a run) that was harder
than the hardest BLUE runs I found in the states.

Quite fun though, and a big area to explore.

I am flyng back there at the end of this month, so any sujestions about
harder areas would be aperitiated. I was going to try Cortina, mainly
because it is near Trevisio. Also I heard it is were people go to be
seen rather that ski :-).

Have fun,

Hugh
--
If you have questions, please direct them to the newsgroup. Email
address is a spam trap.

If it were easy, it would be called snowboarding

Clive Perry February 9th 04 06:53 PM

Dolomites-where to go

"Rod Jenkins" wrote in message
Hi folks,

We rather fancy the Dolomites for the scenery. Any recommendations for

the
best place to stay for a couple of competent intermediates in early March.

cheers,

--
Rod Jenkins
UK

I would recommend Arabba and you are right to want to go to the Dolomites
for the scenery and as intermediates it is a paradise for skiing as well.

Very Italian, not expensive and bang on the Sellaronda circuit. If the snow
is reasonable you will have a great time here unless you are looking for
wild nightlife. Snow making facilities are widespread and cover the main
transition routes and more.

You can ski to/from various areas such as Corvara, Colfosco, Selva, Canazei
and Campitello. The Hidden Valley run at Lagazuoi is within reach by skiing
to Armentarolla and short coach trip. If you do a search on google will
bring up a number of NG postings on this spectacular run. I will go look up
one I made a few years ago and re-post it if you wish.

Clive

Clive Perry February 9th 04 07:06 PM

Dolomites-where to go

Try this link, you may have to copy to your browser, for more on Arabba and
the hidden valley

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?q=...e&start=0&sa=N

Cheers

Clive