SkiBanter

-   North American Ski Resorts (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   North Carolina slopes (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=12524)

[email protected] February 15th 06 01:02 PM

North Carolina slopes

What slopes in NC have the best long fast smooth runs. Thanks !!! I
need speed.

Brent Harsh February 15th 06 02:15 PM

wrote:
What slopes in NC have the best long fast smooth runs. Thanks !!! I
need speed.

"Long" being the key word in your post, I'm not sure that you'll find one in NC. We usually make the long trip to Snowshoe if we ski near home. You can compare the NC resorts at a common website that I found in the past few days - it has trail maps for each available as well as links to each ski areas own site.

http://www.skisoutheast.com/

I've only skied at one of these places a couple years ago (and don't remember which one!). Runs were short so good luck!

However, the snow down here last weekend sounded better than what we were skiing on west of Calgary: we spent last week at Kicking Horse, Lake Louise, and Sunshine and they didn't get more than a dusting the entire time - we got there just after a nice dump, so the first few days weren't bad, but by last Saturday rocks were showing on all the groomed runs and things were *really* packed down, almost icy. Had a great time, but the skis are pretty nicked up.

--
Brent Harsh - KD4PBO /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign: Say
bharsh at ncroadrunner \ / NO to HTML in email and news.