SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   First Snow of the Season (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=2399)

Darrel Newman October 1st 03 03:04 PM

First Snow of the Season

X-C Ski season can never come too early

--
Regards

Darrel Newman

6080 Ridgelea Place
Ottawa Ontario
Canada K1C 5P8
Cell 613-276-6294
Tel 613-837-4721
Email

Program Management Support
.. Program Delivery Management
.. Program Implementation Management Plans
.. Risk Management Plans
.. IRB Management

.. Business Development & Marketing
.. SOW & Specification Preparation
.. Proposal Preparation & Red Team Reviews
.. Research & Statistical Analysis

"todd carter" wrote in message
WILMINGTON, N.Y. - The first snow of the season has forced the temporary
closure Wednesday of the Whiteface Mountain Veterans Memorial Highway.
Mountain staff reported a temperature of 31 degrees at 10 a.m. with
flurries.
"It's snowing right now with just enough to cover the ground," said
Ron Rosio, a Whiteface Mountain highway supervisor. "We hope to open
later this morning. We're a little socked in with clouds, and the top of
the highway is a little slick."
The five-mile Veterans Memorial Highway is a popular tourist
attraction from May to October. However, there have been recent years
where the venue has had some difficulty reaching its Columbus Day
closing due to high-elevation snow fall.
"I guess the ski season is a bit closer than we think," added Rosio.
For more information, please call 518-946-7175.