SkiBanter

-   Alpine Skiing (moderated) (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   great skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=17504)

lal_truckee April 11th 08 02:40 AM

great skiing

Spring has sprung, corn abounds, wear your sun screen or burn your nose off.

Having some wonderful days recently. Hell, wonderful days all season long.

Still 135 inches at the mid mountain stake - checked it myself yesterday.

VtSkier April 11th 08 12:48 PM

great skiing

lal_truckee wrote:
Spring has sprung, corn abounds, wear your sun screen or burn your nose
off.

Having some wonderful days recently. Hell, wonderful days all season long.

Still 135 inches at the mid mountain stake - checked it myself yesterday.

I'm not too sad that I didn't make a western trip
this year. The skiing has been great around here
too. We can't claim 135" base, but we are still
measuring in feet, so there is plenty of cover.
The corn was great yesterday. We skied Ovation
top to bottom several times yesterday. The wonder
of this is that the cliff at the top is closed
for years at a time.

The sad part is that April 20 is the last day for
lift-served at Killington. There will be plenty of
cover. Perhaps we can hike for our turns.

Lessee, there is John who gets passes to Sugarbush
one for every day he works for Vt Adaptive Ski & Sports.

They will be open at least to Cinquo de Mayo.

klaus April 12th 08 02:55 AM

great skiing

In rec.skiing.alpine lal_truckee wrote:
Spring has sprung, corn abounds, wear your sun screen or burn your nose off.

Having some wonderful days recently. Hell, wonderful days all season long.

Still 135 inches at the mid mountain stake - checked it myself yesterday.

We're still midwinter. About 30 inches since Monday and coming down
still as I write. Almost exactly the same snowpack. We're at 136"
mid-mountain. Haven't seen the sun since Sunday though.

-klaus

The Real Bev April 12th 08 11:42 PM

great skiing

klaus wrote:

In rec.skiing.alpine lal_truckee wrote:
Spring has sprung, corn abounds, wear your sun screen or burn your nose off.

Having some wonderful days recently. Hell, wonderful days all season long.

Still 135 inches at the mid mountain stake - checked it myself yesterday.

We're still midwinter. About 30 inches since Monday and coming down
still as I write. Almost exactly the same snowpack. We're at 136"
mid-mountain. Haven't seen the sun since Sunday though.

Don't worry, it looks just about the same as it did last week.

You can still see a little snow on Baldy, and they've cut the price in
half. Not tempting enough. I'm not complaining, though. I had a good
year. Two new places completed the set. We'll get 'em next year.

--
Cheers,
Bev

Marty April 16th 08 02:23 AM

great skiing

On Apr 10, 8:40 pm, lal_truckee wrote:
Spring has sprung, corn abounds, wear your sun screen or burn your nose off.

Having some wonderful days recently. Hell, wonderful days all season long.

Still 135 inches at the mid mountain stake - checked it myself yesterday.

Was still Winter at Winter Park on Saturday. Knee deep blower pow on
top 108" base. Simply amazing. Eldo on Sunday was more spring like
with temps reaching the mid 40's - not a cloud in the sky and the snow
was wonderful. And now - they are both closed. Copper closed. My
passes are trash. Still planning some days at Loveland since it's way
to nice up there to call it quits. More snow coming on Wednesday.
--
Marty

Let Mikey Ski It![_4_] April 17th 08 02:20 AM

great skiing

On 2008-04-15 20:23:14 -0600, Marty said:

Was still Winter at Winter Park on Saturday. Knee deep blower pow on
top 108" base. Simply amazing. Eldo on Sunday was more spring like
with temps reaching the mid 40's - not a cloud in the sky and the snow
was wonderful. And now - they are both closed. Copper closed. My
passes are trash. Still planning some days at Loveland since it's way
to nice up there to call it quits. More snow coming on Wednesday.

Yes, Saturday was frickin cold at Breck with some great powder. Sunday,
spring finally arrived and it was awesome. One more weekend, with
hopefully tele-grrls in dirndls on Sunday (or whatever other crazy
costumes they come up with for this year's tele bump buffet).

Photos on the blog.

Mike...

--
Breckenridge photo ski blog: http://Powderday.us