SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Swix HF & Swix HFBD Question (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=17444)

Frank Netto March 30th 08 12:00 AM

Swix HF & Swix HFBD Question

Due to the cost involved would the Swix HFBD be good enough to use
only, or do you really need to have the HF waxes too?.

I'm curious to know if the HFBD would perform that poorly if the
conditions called for HF. Any feedback is appreciated

Thanks
Frank

Jay W April 3rd 08 12:07 PM

Swix HF & Swix HFBD Question

I think the BD waxes are fine as a total replacement for the HF waxes
and that you don't need the straight HF waxes. For critical races I
wax with the BD waxes or I've been waxing with a moly base and the
straight HF wax over the top.

Jay

[email protected] April 3rd 08 07:25 PM

Swix HF & Swix HFBD Question

On Apr 3, 7:07*am, Jay W wrote:
I think the BD waxes are fine as a total replacement for the HF waxes
and that you don't need the straight HF waxes. For critical races I
wax with the BD waxes or I've been waxing with a moly base and the
straight HF wax over the top.

Jay

Jay,

I still have HF6 and 8 and don't want to toss them in favor of BDs
until they're used up. Any recommendations for the moly you use and
the way you apply it to improve the HF?

Russ