SkiBanter

-   Snowboarding (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Cable TV Show - Ski Patrol (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=17934)

[email protected] November 13th 08 01:56 PM

New Cable TV Show - Ski Patrol

There's a new show on TrueTV, (used to be CourtTV), called Ski
Patrol. Here in NYC area it;s on Wed evenings. They follow ski
patrols around showing all the accidents, injuries, chasing down
speeders, evacuating people from stuck lifts, etc. I've seen show
from Crystal Mtn, WA and Blue Mtn, PA.

I was amazed at Blue Mtn, because I've been there. While it's the
longest elevation ski run in PA, it's still very small compared to any
of the big resorts. Yet, on the show, they are air lifting people
with serious injuries out of there right and left. They even had a 2
hour search with dogs for a missing beginner skier, that had gone off
trail and hit a tree. I'd kind of expect that at Vail, but at a
small PA area, it was surprising.

If you;re interested, check it out.