SkiBanter

-   North American Ski Resorts (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   jay peak, vermont (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=11705)

eblaster December 21st 05 12:43 AM

jay peak, vermont

My 13 yo son and I are considering spending 5 days sking in February at Jay
Peak, Vermont. I seem to recall having had a great time there about 25-30
years ago. Does anyone have more recent memories or experiences they care
to share? We're also considering Sugarloaf in Maine.. Same question.

Thanks,
Phil

Skier December 24th 05 04:43 PM

Jay is noted for having tons of snow... we were there a few years back
and were not disappointed... We would go back a again.

ianskivt December 27th 05 11:21 PM

Jay, like other northern N.E. resorts have all been having a bang up
early season -even yesterday's rain did not deplete the best base
they've seen since I'd say '95-'96. Jay boasts 350 or so inches a year
because of their weird geographic location - (you can read about it on
their website he
http://www.jaypeakresort.com/page.asp?intNodeID=16379

I get up to Jay probably five or so times a year and it's alwaysl worth
it, even though it gets frigid sometimes!