SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   waxing made easy (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=13000)

gr March 12th 06 09:46 PM

waxing made easy

I took the same easy approach to waxing as you (wipe on to start, and
adding as skiing years went on).
I find that any glide wax close to the right grade/temp works quite
well, and aside from stripped/new bases, I don't need to put on more
than one of two coats. I also almost always wipe on Notwax before use.

For kick wax, I never could get it right....... until I used Start wax
tape. works great, has a temp range something like -10 to +40F, lasts
for hundreds of km.Used it last season quite a bit, this season I didn't
even prep wax skis!
gr