SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   cold powder across wax brands (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=15059)

John Forrest Tomlinson February 9th 07 01:48 AM

cold powder across wax brands

Is there any problem using a cold powder from one company over wax by
another company. I'm thinking in particular of Ski-Go 380.
--
JT
****************************

Zach Caldwell February 9th 07 11:20 AM

cold powder across wax brands

In general waxes are intermixable. Is that a word?

I frequently mix brands, both from layer to layer and in a single
layer (where I might use a cold powder to harden a wax from another
brand). Some of these mixes are more successful than others, and it's
best to test a combination in training before taking out for a race.
But if you're talking about using C380 as a final stand-alone cold
powder layer on top of an underlayer from another brand, I'd suggest
that you should go ahead.

John Forrest Tomlinson February 9th 07 12:50 PM

On 9 Feb 2007 04:20:46 -0800, "Zach Caldwell" wrote:

In general waxes are intermixable. Is that a word?

I frequently mix brands, both from layer to layer and in a single
layer (where I might use a cold powder to harden a wax from another
brand). Some of these mixes are more successful than others, and it's
best to test a combination in training before taking out for a race.
But if you're talking about using C380 as a final stand-alone cold
powder layer on top of an underlayer from another brand, I'd suggest
that you should go ahead.

Thanks,
--
JT