SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   half herringbone poling question (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=3515)

-JP- April 14th 04 05:07 PM

half herringbone poling question

I read about half herringbone in the "Skating in citizen classic
races" thread. So my understanding is that, in classic, as long as the
ski outside the track does not glide, you can do anything you like to
make the ski in the track glide.

In normal striding up a hill which you switch to half herringbone,
with left ski outside the track, what is the fluent and efficient way
for the poling? That is, when the right ski is about to glide, do you
pole on the right (so like striding) or do you pole on the left (like
herringboning)?

Jeff Potter April 14th 04 06:43 PM

-JP- wrote:

I read about half herringbone in the "Skating in citizen classic
races" thread. So my understanding is that, in classic, as long as the
ski outside the track does not glide, you can do anything you like to
make the ski in the track glide.

In normal striding up a hill which you switch to half herringbone,
with left ski outside the track, what is the fluent and efficient way
for the poling? That is, when the right ski is about to glide, do you
pole on the right (so like striding) or do you pole on the left (like
herringboning)?

Herringbone and striding both use same poling. Right?

Otherwise, we're ... passganging!

--

Jeff Potter
****