SkiBanter

-   Alpine Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   For the park rats out there (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=6387)

Wayne Decker November 15th 04 02:11 AM

For the park rats out there

Mammoth inaugurated its super pipe at Main Lodge this weekend.---and held a
local's slope style competition. I stayed away from Broadway and
Thunderbound--headed for the less traveled areas. Apparently no one knew
chair 4 was running since I was almost alone on it. I even played a little
in South Park! A great weekend all in all. I hope you all did too!

--
I ski, therefore I am

Dmitry November 15th 04 10:04 PM

"Wayne Decker" wrote

Mammoth inaugurated its super pipe at Main Lodge this weekend.---and held a
local's slope style competition. I stayed away from Broadway and
Thunderbound--headed for the less traveled areas. Apparently no one knew
chair 4 was running since I was almost alone on it. I even played a little
in South Park! A great weekend all in all. I hope you all did too!

Yup, was well worth flying from Seattle to Reno and driving for 3 hours.

Wayne Decker November 16th 04 01:29 AM

Cool BTW I'm the fool dressed mostly in black--but with a Camelback
backpack and who sings to my tunes (I have *Tune-ups* on my Giro "9"
helmet.) while riding the lifts alone and while skiing. While crusing the
blues I usually don't use my poles--I typically hold them in my left hand.

--
I ski, therefore I am

"Wayne Decker" wrote

Dmitry November 16th 04 02:38 AM

"Wayne Decker" wrote

Cool BTW I'm the fool dressed mostly in black--but with a Camelback
backpack and who sings to my tunes (I have *Tune-ups* on my Giro "9"
helmet.) while riding the lifts alone and while skiing. While crusing the
blues I usually don't use my poles--I typically hold them in my left hand.

You'll have to do better to be recognizable on the slope :)

There was a guy there yesterday in a formal felt hat, on
really short skis with no poles.

Sue November 18th 04 07:24 PM

In message 9Demd.44401$5K2.32240@attbi_s03, Dmitry
writes

"Wayne Decker" wrote

Cool BTW I'm the fool dressed mostly in black--but with a Camelback
backpack and who sings to my tunes (I have *Tune-ups* on my Giro "9"
helmet.) while riding the lifts alone and while skiing. While crusing the
blues I usually don't use my poles--I typically hold them in my left hand.

You'll have to do better to be recognizable on the slope :)

There was a guy there yesterday in a formal felt hat, on
really short skis with no poles.

That's a blader. How many of his necks had he broken?

--
Sue ];(:)

Dmitry November 18th 04 07:57 PM

"Sue" wrote

There was a guy there yesterday in a formal felt hat, on
really short skis with no poles.

That's a blader. How many of his necks had he broken?

His neck looked quite healthy if a little red. He was ripping, actually.