SkiBanter

-   Alpine Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New Keystone Gondola ? (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=28749)

[email protected] November 21st 15 08:47 PM

New Keystone Gondola ?

The Keystone webcam site talks about the "New Gondola". Does anyone know what they are talking about? I hadn't heard, seen, or read anything about a new Keystone gondola!

Richard Henry November 22nd 15 02:22 AM

New Keystone Gondola ?

On Saturday, November 21, 2015 at 1:47:32 PM UTC-8, wrote:
The Keystone webcam site talks about the "New Gondola". Does anyone know what they are talking about? I hadn't heard, seen, or read anything about a new Keystone gondola!

Any new lifts anywhere this year?

The Real Bev[_4_] November 22nd 15 05:31 AM

New Keystone Gondola ?

On 11/21/2015 07:22 PM, Richard Henry wrote:
On Saturday, November 21, 2015 at 1:47:32 PM UTC-8, wrote:
The Keystone webcam site talks about the "New Gondola". Does anyone know what they are talking about? I hadn't heard, seen, or read anything about a new Keystone gondola!

Any new lifts anywhere this year?

Brian Head.

--
Cheers,
Bev

BrritSki[_3_] November 22nd 15 07:06 AM

New Keystone Gondola ?

On 22/11/2015 04:22, Richard Henry wrote:
On Saturday, November 21, 2015 at 1:47:32 PM UTC-8, wrote:
The Keystone webcam site talks about the "New Gondola". Does anyone know what they are talking about? I hadn't heard, seen, or read anything about a new Keystone gondola!

Any new lifts anywhere this year?

Trois Vallees.

BrritSki[_3_] November 22nd 15 07:24 AM

New Keystone Gondola ?

wrote:
The Keystone webcam site talks about the "New Gondola". Does anyone
know what they are talking about? I hadn't heard, seen, or read
anything about a new Keystone gondola!

Any new lifts anywhere this year?

Trois Vallees.

And I just came across this (new, but replaces an older lift):
http://www.lovecourmayeur.com/en/lift-systems/new-mont-blanc-cable-car

pigo[_2_] November 22nd 15 02:49 PM

New Keystone Gondola ?

On Saturday, November 21, 2015 at 8:22:31 PM UTC-7, Richard Henry wrote:
On Saturday, November 21, 2015 at 1:47:32 PM UTC-8, wrote:
The Keystone webcam site talks about the "New Gondola". Does anyone know what they are talking about? I hadn't heard, seen, or read anything about a new Keystone gondola!

Any new lifts anywhere this year?

Park City and the Crayons have combined. New lifts to make that happen.

[email protected] November 23rd 15 01:29 PM

New Keystone Gondola ?

On Saturday, November 21, 2015 at 2:47:32 PM UTC-7, wrote:
The Keystone webcam site talks about the "New Gondola". Does anyone know what they are talking about? I hadn't heard, seen, or read anything about a new Keystone gondola!

They upgraded River Run from six to eight passengers.

Richard Henry November 23rd 15 04:51 PM

New Keystone Gondola ?

I looked up the trail map - that's huge. How much did they add to what both resorts had before?

I have managed to ski every lift at Mammoth in a day (full disclosure - some were closed, and I avoided the kiddie lifts). I don't think I could do that at the big Park City.

[email protected] November 24th 15 02:18 AM

New Keystone Gondola ?

OK I get it, not a new gondola lift, just new cabins. Thanx for the info.

pigo[_2_] November 24th 15 02:06 PM

New Keystone Gondola ?

On Monday, November 23, 2015 at 10:51:49 AM UTC-7, Richard Henry wrote:
I looked up the trail map - that's huge. How much did they add to what both resorts had before?

I have managed to ski every lift at Mammoth in a day (full disclosure - some were closed, and I avoided the kiddie lifts). I don't think I could do that at the big Park City.

I haven't skied there in ages. There was a pretty big ridge between the two across from the King Con area that's been open as part of PC. And then a fairly large area I only went into via helicopter between there and the Crayons. Most of that only had pitch in the upper areas. It could be "skiable" if it were cut and groomed, idk. It sure is BIG though. Pity it came after my time. I golfed this weekend :-)