SkiBanter

-   Alpine Skiing (moderated) (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Solomon Boots (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=17753)

RogueIT September 8th 08 05:48 AM

Solomon Boots

I have a pair of Solomon boots and after getting them out of storage I
noticed that one of the bindings on the upper part of the boot seems
stiff. It doesn't automatically lay down flat against the boot like
the other bindings...Does it just need oil or could there be something
else wrong?

Visual inspection doesn't show any difference from the other bindings.

thanks,
Rogue

Monique Y. Mudama September 8th 08 10:36 PM

Solomon Boots

On 2008-09-08, RogueIT penned:
I have a pair of Solomon boots and after getting them out of storage I
noticed that one of the bindings on the upper part of the boot seems
stiff. It doesn't automatically lay down flat against the boot like
the other bindings...Does it just need oil or could there be something
else wrong?

Visual inspection doesn't show any difference from the other bindings.

Did you store them with the buckles closed, or open? The plastic on
the boot can definitely warp over the summer, so I've heard it's best
to store boots with the buckles at about the tightness you would use
when wearing them.

--
monique
Longmont, CO

lal_truckee September 10th 08 06:59 PM

Solomon Boots

RogueIT wrote:
I have a pair of Solomon boots and after getting them out of storage I
noticed that one of the bindings on the upper part of the boot seems
stiff. It doesn't automatically lay down flat against the boot like
the other bindings...Does it just need oil or could there be something
else wrong?

Visual inspection doesn't show any difference from the other bindings.

If it's stiff from friction I would NOT put oil on it - you don't know
if the oil will attack the plastic. Try some silicon spray for friction.

But as monique pointed out, if you didn't buckle them carefully when you
put them away, it's normal for them to take a "set" over the summer.
Just buckle them on your foot and live in them for a few hours - things
should loosen up and become symmetric.