SkiBanter

-   Alpine Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Scottie Sighting (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=15062)

Jay Pique February 12th 07 11:25 PM

Scottie Sighting

On Feb 12, 7:01 pm, Alan Baker wrote:
In article .com,
"Jay Pique" wrote:

--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted
trouble-maker."

Add a space after the dashes, Jeff, or why bother at all?

What are you winging about dashes and space for, Alan?
JP

Because if you do it properly, newsreaders will automatically snip out
the signatures when you reply; which is why to have a sig delimiter in
the first place.

I had no idea. Now I need to get a sig so I can delimit it. BEV!!
JP
*********************************
New sig on order.

Jeff Davis February 12th 07 11:27 PM

Scottie Sighting

In article ,
Bob Lee wrote:
Jeff Davis wrote:

Couldn't be. I'm far from stupid.

Why don't you just let us be the judge of that?

Because you're demostratively incompetent and pejorative.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Jeff Davis February 12th 07 11:33 PM

Scottie Sighting

In article ,
Alan Baker wrote:
In article ,
(Jeff Davis) wrote:

So now you're slamming those of us who are circumsized? Do I
detect a modicum of anti-semitism on your part?

LOL I detect a heaping helping of deflection.

At least you know a joke when you see one.

This started when I published the fact that I'd met Scott, and you didn't
believe it. Now it's your turn to publish a retraction. You say, "I
stand corrected." Then we can all get on with this ****ty snow year.

Why would I publish a retraction? I didn't believe and I still don't.

Because you believe bull****. People who believe bull**** are stupid.
You don't want to be stupid, do you? ****.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Alan Baker February 12th 07 11:36 PM

Scottie Sighting

In article ,
(Jeff Davis) wrote:

In article ,
Alan Baker wrote:
In article ,
(Jeff Davis) wrote:

So now you're slamming those of us who are circumsized? Do I
detect a modicum of anti-semitism on your part?

LOL I detect a heaping helping of deflection.

At least you know a joke when you see one.

And when I read the words of one...

This started when I published the fact that I'd met Scott, and you didn't
believe it. Now it's your turn to publish a retraction. You say, "I
stand corrected." Then we can all get on with this ****ty snow year.

Why would I publish a retraction? I didn't believe and I still don't.

Because you believe bull****. People who believe bull**** are stupid.
You don't want to be stupid, do you? ****.

What? Jeff, that wouldn't be some *vitriol*, would it?

LOL

--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Just add a space, Jeff...

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone and how he missed

Jeff Davis February 12th 07 11:41 PM

Scottie Sighting

In article ,
Alan Baker wrote:
In article ,
(Jeff Davis) wrote:

Because you believe bull****. People who believe bull**** are stupid.
You don't want to be stupid, do you? ****.

What? Jeff, that wouldn't be some *vitriol*, would it?

That's logic. If you can't correct yourself, you're going to stay stupid
all your life. You can't fix stupid without the ability to grow in
understanding and effectiveness. I just want to to become a better person.
That's all. Good luck.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Walt February 12th 07 11:48 PM

Scottie Sighting

Jeff Davis wrote:
Walt wrote:

Wow, dude, I didn't realize how well connected you were. I *am* impressed.

No you're not.

Damn, you saw right through my clever ruse. Curses! I am chagrinned.

OK, I'll fess up - I've never even heard of Dirk Whatsisname and Ernie
Whoeverheis, or whatever the names were that you dropped in your last
post, and I'm too lazy to go upthread and look them up. Are they
important dudes or what?

You need the delusion of bettering yourself by the denigration
of others. It's a classic symptom of deep seated feelings of inadequacy.

Oh, you do amateur psychology too! You are truly a man of many talents.

//Walt

Alan Baker February 12th 07 11:55 PM

Scottie Sighting

In article ,
(Jeff Davis) wrote:

In article ,
Alan Baker wrote:
In article ,
(Jeff Davis) wrote:

Because you believe bull****. People who believe bull**** are stupid.
You don't want to be stupid, do you? ****.

What? Jeff, that wouldn't be some *vitriol*, would it?

That's logic. If you can't correct yourself, you're going to stay stupid
all your life. You can't fix stupid without the ability to grow in
understanding and effectiveness. I just want to to become a better person.
That's all. Good luck.

And it's bull**** because you say it is? Sorry, Jeff. That's not how
reality works.

--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

If you want to become a better person, start by following the etiquette
of the system you're using: add a space after the two dashes.

Jeff Davis February 13th 07 12:06 AM

Scottie Sighting

In article ,
Walt wrote:

You are truly a man of many talents.

Why, thank you Walt. I'm glad to see3 you're coming around to my way
of thinking.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Alan Baker February 13th 07 12:09 AM

Scottie Sighting

In article ,
(Jeff Davis) wrote:

In article ,
Walt wrote:

Wow, dude, I didn't realize how well connected you were. I *am*
impressed.

No you're not.

Damn, you saw right through my clever ruse. Curses! I am chagrinned.

OK, I'll fess up - I've never even heard of Dirk Whatsisname and Ernie
Whoeverheis, or whatever the names were that you dropped in your last
post, and I'm too lazy to go upthread and look them up. Are they
important dudes or what?

You need the delusion of bettering yourself by the denigration
of others. It's a classic symptom of deep seated feelings of inadequacy.

Oh, you do amateur psychology too! You are truly a man of many talents.

Why, thank you Walt. I'm glad to see3 you're coming around to my way
of thinking.

There. I restored the context that your (obviously broken) removed...

Jeff Davis February 13th 07 12:11 AM

Scottie Sighting

In article ,
Alan Baker wrote:

And it's bull**** because you say it is? Sorry, Jeff. That's not how
reality works.

How reality works is I met Scott last Tuesday here in Jackson Hole. You
say you don't believe it. Since you choose to believe bull**** instead of
truth, you are stupid. If you don't want to stay stupid, correct yourself.
Really. There's a better person inside you. Honesty will help considerably.
Come on. Admitt you are wrong. Go ahead. You won't bleed. Man up.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."