SkiBanter

-   Alpine Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Rowing and skiing europe (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=14641)

Donal December 31st 06 04:21 PM

Rowing and skiing europe

A rower who skis and is looking to buy a property in an area which
caters for both but skiing is the more important of the two.

Anyone with properties or recommendations in Italy France of
Switzerland. Preferably access to 3000metre peaks as getting paranoid
about global warming!

Resort recommendations appreciated.
Don

Alex Heney December 31st 06 08:22 PM

Rowing and skiing europe

On 31 Dec 2006 09:21:08 -0800, "Donal" wrote:

A rower who skis and is looking to buy a property in an area which
caters for both but skiing is the more important of the two.

Tricky, given that rowing requires flatness, while alpine skiing
requires hills :-)

Seriously, I would have thought that somewhere such as Interlaken in
Switzerland might be a good bet. You have the lakes for rowing (I
believe Interlaken itself has a well known rowing club), and are
within about half an hour of the Jungfrau ski areas.

--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
I keep my .BAT files in D:\BELFRY

[email protected] December 31st 06 11:37 PM

Rowing and skiing europe

Alex Heney wrote:
On 31 Dec 2006 09:21:08 -0800, "Donal" wrote:

A rower who skis and is looking to buy a property in an area which
caters for both but skiing is the more important of the two.

Tricky, given that rowing requires flatness, while alpine skiing
requires hills :-)

Seriously, I would have thought that somewhere such as Interlaken in
Switzerland might be a good bet. You have the lakes for rowing (I
believe Interlaken itself has a well known rowing club), and are
within about half an hour of the Jungfrau ski areas.

Seriously:-
Above sounds good. I am pretty sure that the Swiss are
into competitive rowing.

Frivilously:-

Rowing:-
http://www.newtonmore.com/watersport/morlich2.htm
Skiing:-
http://www.cairngormmountain.com/
About 3 miles apart.

Both on this map:-
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?&z=13&...2072,-3.695011

Johannes January 1st 07 04:23 PM

Rowing and skiing europe

On 31 Dec 2006 09:21:08 -0800, "Donal" wrote:

A rower who skis and is looking to buy a property in an area which
caters for both but skiing is the more important of the two.

Anyone with properties or recommendations in Italy France of
Switzerland. Preferably access to 3000metre peaks as getting paranoid
about global warming!

Lake Luzern.
Skiing at Engelberg and Andermatt.
Rowing at the Lake and the Rotsee(Worlcup Stop)

Johannes

Donal January 2nd 07 03:13 PM

Rowing and skiing europe

Thanks Johannes - Ive raced on the Rotsee but its not open as a normal
rowing club unfortunately.

Donal