SkiBanter

-   Alpine Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Alta to install video cameras (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=8565)

TexasSkiNut February 24th 05 08:38 PM

Alta to install video cameras

Looks like Astropax won't be the only one taking lots of pics at Alta.

http://www.firsttracksonline.com/news/stories/110922177124477.shtm

The Real Bev February 24th 05 08:48 PM

TexasSkiNut wrote:

Looks like Astropax won't be the only one taking lots of pics at Alta.

http://www.firsttracksonline.com/news/stories/110922177124477.shtm

Cool. Big Brother is watching you while you ski, too. Yeah, I know,
it's for your safety...

--
Cheers,
Bev

TexasSkiNut February 24th 05 08:52 PM

The Real Bev wrote:
TexasSkiNut wrote:
Looks like Astropax won't be the only one taking lots of pics at

Alta.

http://www.firsttracksonline.com/news/stories/110922177124477.shtm

Cool. Big Brother is watching you while you ski, too. Yeah, I know,
it's for your safety...

"Patrol, looks like we've got a flatboarder about to come down High
Rustler....better get a gurney ready."

Dave Stallard February 25th 05 03:44 PM

The Real Bev wrote:
TexasSkiNut wrote:

Looks like Astropax won't be the only one taking lots of pics at Alta.

http://www.firsttracksonline.com/news/stories/110922177124477.shtm

Cool. Big Brother is watching you while you ski, too. Yeah, I know,
it's for your safety...

I think it's a good idea in some ways, because it helps them do sweeps
at the end of the day better. Less likely that an incapacitated solo
skiier will be missed in the vastness of some bowl and die of exposure
in the night.

That said, yes, the proliferation of surveillance cameras in our society
is creepy. And brace yourselves, this is only the beginning.

Dave