SkiBanter

-   Alpine Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Marble Mountain (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=15875)

lal_truckee July 28th 07 04:44 PM

Marble Mountain

Took a look at Marble Mountain, Newfoundland while driving around the
last few weeks -
Anyone ever ski there? Comparisons?

Dave Cartman August 7th 07 02:21 AM

Marble Mountain

lal_truckee wrote:
Took a look at Marble Mountain, Newfoundland while driving around the
last few weeks -
Anyone ever ski there? Comparisons?

Hi Lal!

From the top of Marble Mountain you can see my family's home in
Port-au-port. My mom is up there and if you stopped by, I'm sure she
would have welcomed you with gooseberry jam and tea :)

I've never snowboarded up there but the trail map is pretty funny.
There's on run there, if I'm not mistaken, called OMJ for "oh my Jesus,"
it's best imagined in a NewFoun-ese accent. (I may have it confused
with Cornerbrook though)

I've heard that the resort was built on the "wrong side" of the mountain
and it would have been far better with a slight relocation. Sadly, I
have very little real information, I'm just excited to hear that you
were touring my family home. Although I live in Hawaii now,
Newfoundland is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. I hope
you had a safe and fun time there.

Dave