SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Hints for trip to ALps? (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=27634)

gr[_4_] February 2nd 13 05:26 PM

Hints for trip to ALps?

I am taking a trip in March to the Alps (Les Rousses near Jura
Mountain/Valley). Flying into Geneva, then staying in Les Rousses for XC
skiing. This is a first time trip for me, so any hints appreciated!
Since I don't want to haul skis with me, looks like I may be stuck with
fish scale rentals! Could I maybe buy waxables, get nnn binding mounted
for about the same as rental?

Terje Mathisen[_2_] February 2nd 13 06:53 PM

Hints for trip to ALps?

gr wrote:
I am taking a trip in March to the Alps (Les Rousses near Jura
Mountain/Valley). Flying into Geneva, then staying in Les Rousses for XC
skiing. This is a first time trip for me, so any hints appreciated!
Since I don't want to haul skis with me, looks like I may be stuck with
fish scale rentals! Could I maybe buy waxables, get nnn binding mounted
for about the same as rental?

What's wrong with bringing a proper set of skis?

Terje

- Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no

gr[_4_] February 2nd 13 07:50 PM

Hints for trip to ALps?

On 2/2/2013 2:53 PM, Terje Mathisen wrote:
gr wrote:
I am taking a trip in March to the Alps (Les Rousses near Jura
Mountain/Valley). Flying into Geneva, then staying in Les Rousses for XC
skiing. This is a first time trip for me, so any hints appreciated!
Since I don't want to haul skis with me, looks like I may be stuck with
fish scale rentals! Could I maybe buy waxables, get nnn binding mounted
for about the same as rental?

What's wrong with bringing a proper set of skis?

Terje

I am feeling lazy about hauling them from the US, then around Geneva,
then to La Rousse. I may get over this yet.