SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   indoor exercise for balance, arms and legs (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=3241)

Serge February 20th 04 04:54 PM

indoor exercise for balance, arms and legs

The only exercise that combines all three is

riding bicycle rollers (no hands) with dumbbells (in both
hands)imitating skating motion.

I haven't tried striding - it is hard to balance for some reason.

Those who want to cheat can use bike trainers and eliminate balance
part of it.

John Forrest Tomlinson February 20th 04 09:56 PM

On 20 Feb 2004 09:54:54 -0800, (Serge) wrote:

The only exercise that combines all three is

riding bicycle rollers (no hands) with dumbbells (in both
hands)imitating skating motion.

Oh yeah, we do that all the time in Manhattna, but the forward
momentum I was getting from the arm swings moved my butt too much on
the saddle, resulting in chafing, so now I usually do these exercises
out of the saddle...

JT