SkiBanter

-   Snowboarding (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   How's it going? Newbie here? (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=10742)

[email protected] September 1st 05 09:59 PM

How's it going? Newbie here?

Getting all new gear here soon. Can't wait to buy all my stuff! Any suggestions on what kind of gear to get for a new guy?

Slaughterhouse September 1st 05 11:24 PM

" wrote in
message ...

--

Hi! Have you ever ridden before? If not, try a rental or used first. Some
would probably say try a board with a bit of flex with bindings and boots
geared towards beginners. Bindings and boots geared towards beginners will
have a little more "give" that will compensate sloppier riding. When you get
the hang of the basics and improve on them you will definatley know what you
need specifically for a set-up (fine tuning and complimenting your
abilities). Brands like Lamar (LTD up here in Canada) should even have a
"colour-code" system (ie Bronze, Silver, Gold) to help you out and their
products tend to be very low cost and of OK quality. After a season or two
of riding, you will know yourself enough and what you require when it comes
time to get that "brand X" board for an ungodly amount of money. My first
board was a Gnu Stupid Cap from the 90s that I picked up at a used sporting
goods place. I now have a total of 3 boards for myself, 2 boards for my
wife, 2 boards for my son, and will be selling our 8th board on ebay soon.
One of my boards (the Gnu...I LOVE that board) I keep at work so I can go
boarding during my lunch break, and all my boards are outfitted with Drake
bindings because I like the response I get from them.

Emanolio September 8th 05 02:00 AM

I've seen on some ski shop's web sites that they'll let you rent a demo
board. It's a bit pricier that a regular rental, but it'll help you decide
want kind of board, binding, and boots are best for your skill level.

Eman

" wrote in
message ...

Skier1980 April 9th 13 11:52 PM

This post was created by Jeffrey Culler of Skiersboard. He is wasting our time for his own personal gain in business. The Skiersboard business is unethical and if he persists I will publish all I have on this fraudulent business.

Look him up.

Stop wasting our time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emanolio (Post 73736)