SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Is Trapper Norm still around up at Stokely? (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=7918)

[email protected] January 29th 05 01:18 AM

Is Trapper Norm still around up at Stokely?

I'm wondering about the oldtimer who lives/lived way out at the end of
the trail system at Stokely. There's a character! Any news? Hmm, I did
a google and saw a news item about the Wabos Loppet that mentioned
Norm, so maybe he's still out there. Hope so!

--JP

Bruce Freeburger January 31st 05 08:37 PM

Jeff,
Norm Bourgeois is too old to stay out there on Bone Lake now. About
two or three seasons ago was the last year he was there on a regular
basis. Even then, his family would not let him stay there alone.
Last time I saw him was at the fall trail cleanup in 2002. He was
driven up to Stokely Creek lodge by his sons for the dinner. I haven't
been up there this year, but I entered the 2005 Loppet.

http://www.stokelycreek.com/ is the Stokely Creek web site

Cheers,
Bruce Freeburger
Remove SNOWMOBILES and UNLEASHEDDOGS before sending me an e-mail.