SkiBanter

-   European Ski Resorts (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Val Thorens opening 8 Nov (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=1313)

Playdreamer November 4th 03 02:59 PM

Val Thorens opening 8 Nov

According to their web site www.valthorens.com they are opening this
weekend. That is pretty impressive. Is anywhere else going to be open so
soon (barring glaciers)?

Warrell Harries November 4th 03 08:08 PM

Val Thorens opening 8 Nov

Subject to snow cover http://www.grands-montets.com indicates that it will
open for the w/e Nov 22nd....

Warrell Harries November 5th 03 08:20 PM

Val Thorens opening 8 Nov

I'm very much hoping it will be the 22nd November as I have now booked the
flight to Geneva and don't fancy the schlepp to Val Thorens... On the other
hand I've never been there so if all else fails at least there will be some
skiing to be had! How long a drive d'ya think?

I've emailed the Grands Montets lift company but have not had a reply. Does
anyone else have reliable info on the Grands Montets opening week-end?

The weather over the next couple of weeks looks favourable... awww hush my
mouth...

"Arno FR" wrote in message
For information. French resorts opened on saturday 8 Nov:

----Tignes (since 29 september!)
You can ski back to the Val Claret with lope "Double Open"
1300m of non stop ride!!
----MontGenèvre (southern french alps)
----Val Thorens
Opens on 8th november.
Lifts open:
- Funitel "de Péclet" :
- Slopes of "Lac Blanc" et "Jean Béranger" (From 8 h 45 to 16 h 15
- ChairLift "des Cascades"
- Slope of Dalles (from 8 h 45 to 16 H 35)
- Skilift du "Roc"
- Sliope of Roc (from 8 H 15 to 16 H 55)
More slopes will be open next week...
You have to buy tickets at "Funitel de Péclet" (from 8 H 15 to 16 H 30).

---- Grands Montets will open later... (end of niovember probably)

Arno
More information on french Alps:

"Warrell Harries" a écrit dans le message news:
Subject to snow cover
http://www.grands-montets.com indicates that it

will

David Off November 6th 03 01:04 PM

Val Thorens opening 8 Nov

"Warrell Harries" wrote in message ...
I'm very much hoping it will be the 22nd November

Grands is scheduled to open on the 20/12/2003, Argentiere may open
this weekend, see full report at:

http://www.pistehors.com/

David