SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Birkie Wave 3.5 (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=12868)

Bob Williams March 4th 06 04:08 AM

Birkie Wave 3.5

How was wave 3.5? I registered for this wave instead of my normal wave
9, but wasn't able to compete because of a torn knee ligament 3 weeks
before the Birkie. I hope they try this again. Can anyone tell me how
it worked for anyone in my category? Was it an advantage to start out
in this wave, instead of your normal wave?

Ralph March 5th 06 12:51 PM

In article .com,
"Bob Williams" wrote:

How was wave 3.5? I registered for this wave instead of my normal wave
9, but wasn't able to compete because of a torn knee ligament 3 weeks
before the Birkie. I hope they try this again. Can anyone tell me how
it worked for anyone in my category? Was it an advantage to start out
in this wave, instead of your normal wave?

While a did not start in wave 3.5 a classic sking friend of mine did. He
told me he liked it a lot because there were many fewer skiers in that
wave than in normal waves and there was plenty of room to maneuver on
the early hills like the powerline stretch. He definitely thought it was
an advantage to be there.
Ralph Thornton