SkiBanter

-   European Ski Resorts (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Recommend me a guide in Chamonix? (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=8188)

Greg Hilton February 7th 05 10:35 PM

Recommend me a guide in Chamonix?

Can anyone recommend a guide in Chamonix?

I'm going for a few days this Wed night, mainly to get my wife some new
boots.

A bonus day off piste with a guide would be nice, but I imagine they may
all be busy with it being half term.

My only hope is I leave late Saturday evening, so maybe I could hook up
with someone for Saturday?

regards,

Greg

John Ricketts February 8th 05 10:48 AM

I went through Evolution2 last year, (Eric was brilliant!) but you've NO
chance for next week! I checked and they were booked out 3 weeks back! Try
through ESF? They're much bigger.

PG February 8th 05 11:37 AM

"Greg Hilton" wrote in message
| Can anyone recommend a guide in Chamonix?
|
| I'm going for a few days this Wed night, mainly to get my wife some
new
| boots.
|
| A bonus day off piste with a guide would be nice, but I imagine they
may
| all be busy with it being half term.
|
| My only hope is I leave late Saturday evening, so maybe I could hook
up
| with someone for Saturday?

You could try Philippe Henry, Les Houches based, excellent English
(British wife), +33 6 72 52 55 97 - probably booked up but you never
know your luck...

Pete
www.skiclublesarcs.com