SkiBanter

-   Alpine Skiing (moderated) (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   RSA @ A-Basin Was: Ping Mike S. (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=10357)

Sam Seiber May 16th 05 05:09 PM

RSA @ A-Basin Was: Ping Mike S.

wrote:

Hey Mike,

I see that one of your photos made it into the Summit Daily yesterday.
It's the picture of Todd hiking from earlier this season.

The Basin was jammin' yesterday. Still lots of snow up here, Pali is
still in fine shape and all the backcountry skiing is great right now.

snoig

I hit the Basin yesterday (Sunday). Chester was talking about getting
together there next Sunday, the 22nd. I plan to be there. So, I am
dropping
this note as a reminder. Should still have some nice runs open next
week.

Sam "We are down to our last few weeks" Seiber

Chester Bullock May 16th 05 05:19 PM

Sam Seiber wrote:
wrote:

Hey Mike,

I see that one of your photos made it into the Summit Daily yesterday.
It's the picture of Todd hiking from earlier this season.

The Basin was jammin' yesterday. Still lots of snow up here, Pali is
still in fine shape and all the backcountry skiing is great right now.

snoig

I hit the Basin yesterday (Sunday). Chester was talking about getting
together there next Sunday, the 22nd. I plan to be there. So, I am
dropping
this note as a reminder. Should still have some nice runs open next
week.

Sam "We are down to our last few weeks" Seiber

I am still planning on being there Sunday, but I can only stay until 11
or so as I have a baseball game to coach in Englewood that afternoon
(last minute reschedule screwed me).

----------------------
Chester Bullock,

"What happens if a big asteroid hits Earth? Judging from a
realistic simulation involving a big hammer and a laboratory frog,
we can assume it will be pretty bad." - Dave Barry

Sam Seiber May 16th 05 05:58 PM

Chester Bullock wrote:
I am still planning on being there Sunday, but I can only stay until 11
or so as I have a baseball game to coach in Englewood that afternoon
(last minute reschedule screwed me).

Ack, so just shortly after the snow softens up, you gotta go? Ratz!
What time do we meet at Exo?

Sam "Bouncin' my down thru the slush powders" Seiber

Chester Bullock May 16th 05 06:10 PM

Sam Seiber wrote:
Chester Bullock wrote:

I am still planning on being there Sunday, but I can only stay until 11
or so as I have a baseball game to coach in Englewood that afternoon
(last minute reschedule screwed me).

Ack, so just shortly after the snow softens up, you gotta go? Ratz!
What time do we meet at Exo?

I will likely be there when the lifts open.
----------------------
Chester

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to
their level then beat you with experience.

[email protected] May 17th 05 02:11 AM

Sam Seiber wrote:
Sam "We are down to our last few weeks" Seiber

Last few weeks? Come on Sam, there will be good skiing until August
this year. You should see how much the front bowl at Breck is tracked
up right now. Lots of folks with snowmobiles out there. I know a few
places where the 4WD roads will be melted off within the next month or
so for easy access.

snoig

Chester Bullock May 17th 05 01:27 PM

wrote:
Sam Seiber wrote:

Sam "We are down to our last few weeks" Seiber

Last few weeks? Come on Sam, there will be good skiing until August
this year. You should see how much the front bowl at Breck is tracked
up right now. Lots of folks with snowmobiles out there. I know a few
places where the 4WD roads will be melted off within the next month or
so for easy access.

I'll have to bring the Jeep up for some of that. You coming Sunday?

----------------------
Chester

'Prejudice can save lots of time, because you can form an opinion
without any facts.'

[email protected] May 18th 05 04:18 AM

I may make it up there. I've been avoiding the weekends since it's
been pretty crowded. Where are you planning to meet?

snoig

Chester Bullock May 18th 05 02:42 PM

wrote:
I may make it up there. I've been avoiding the weekends since it's
been pretty crowded. Where are you planning to meet?

Base of Exhibition, 8:30 or so. Can't miss Sam with his hat. We'll
also have radios, channel 8, sub channel 28. Sounds like Mike and Bruno
will be there too.

----------------------
Chester

Do not waste today regretting yesterday.

Sam Seiber May 18th 05 05:04 PM

wrote:

I may make it up there. I've been avoiding the weekends since it's
been pretty crowded. Where are you planning to meet?

snoig

I wouldn't call last Sunday "pretty crowded". There was a time when the
Exo lift had a bit of a line, but I just popped over to Pali where the
BIG line was about 8 people. No real line at Norway, while Lenawee the
big line was maybe a minute. With the hot weekend on the way, I bet the
lines won't really be there. I suspect the skier/golfers will be
golfing.
I don't golf, so I have to ski.

Sam "the melt is on" Seiber